she carries you to bed

It'd been a busy and tiring day for Kaylee. She was worn out and stressed out and in desperate need of some cuddles from you.

She walked through the door and felt instant comfort. The room was dark, the only light being that of the glow of the tv. She thought maybe you got tired and went up to bed without remembering to turn it off. It's nearing midnight and she knows you had a busy day yourself, so she thought you'd be up in bed.

But, to her surprise, when she walked to the sofa in search of the remote, she saw you sleeping there.

A smile tugged at her lips instantly, a feeling of love in her heart that began to swell in her chest. She knelt on the floor in front of her, her soft hand falling gently onto your cheek. Her thumb brushed along your skin in circles and she felt a tug at her heart when you leaned into her touch and smiled a little.

She kissed your temple softly and her lips lingered for a second until your eyes opened.

"Hey, sleepyhead." She teased as she brushed back your messy hair. "Why are you sleeping on the sofa?"

"I wanted to wait for you tonight." You mumbled sleepily and closed your eyes in comfort as she kissed your cheek. "I must've fallen asleep."

"That's alright." She whispered. "Ready to go up to bed? I'm sure you'll be much more comfortable there."

"No." You said before yawning. "I'm too tired to get up the stairs. You can go up to bed and I'll just sleep here."

"No way. You know I can't sleep without you. So come on." She said, tugging at your hand to try to get you off the sofa, only for you to whine and shake your head.

"Too tired, Kaylee."

She sighed and bent down once more, but this time only to get you to put your arms around her neck before she stood up with you in her arms and headed for the stairs.

"Kaylee," you chuckled tiredly. "This is sweet but I was just fine on the couch."

"Well, I'm not fine with that. I can't sleep without you. I need to hold you."

You didn't say another word, simply buried your face in her shirt and breathed in her smell. You closed your heavy eyes and even almost fell back asleep as she carried you all the way up the stairs and down the hall, holding you so close and so securely that you knew you wouldn't fall and almost felt like you were floating on a cloud.

But before you fell asleep all the way, you felt your back touch the mattress and then felt her pull the blankets over you.

You opened your eyes and met her soft brown ones. She stared at you in adoration before leaning in to kiss your lips.

"Lay with me."

"Okay, I will in just a minute. I have to brush my teeth and change first."

You nodded and closed your eyes as she walked into the bathroom.

She returned a few minutes later, only to find you sound asleep once more.

Wordlessly, she climbed under the covers with you and closed her eyes. She opened them right after though, as you rolled into her arms and put your head on her shoulder.

"Love you, Kaylee."

"Love you too, y/n." She whispered softly and kissed your head before holding you a little tighter as she fell asleep.