she wants your attention

"I'm yours for the whole evening! What should we do first?" Kaylee asked cheerfully as she plopped down on the couch beside you. She was eager that the day had come to an end. She knew she'd be getting home earlier today and she was overjoyed about it! Spending time with you was all she planned to do tonight.

You were pretty entranced in the book in your lap, however. You simply shrugged your shoulders at her question before turning the page.

She watched your eyes move along the pages. You were such a bookworm; always finding new things to read and allowing yourself to dive into a whole new world, hooked with every line in the story.

Kaylee usually found it adorable, but today she's eager to spend time with you. She wanted your attention and all of it.

She put her head down on your shoulder. A slightly overdramatic sigh fell from her lips, lasting longer than it probably should've. She was already staring up at you when you tore your eyes away from the page you were on for the first time in minutes.

"Yes, Kaylee?"

She gave you that cute little pout you could never resist. You knew that you'd be caving into whatever it was she wanted without her even having to mutter the words right away.

"Are you almost done reading? I want your attention!" She whined adorably.

Without even hesitating, in a heartbeat, you were grabbing the bookmark from the table and sliding it between the pages so you wouldn't lose track. "I never stand a chance of saying no when you give me that adorable pout." You mumbled, giggling happily when she excitedly pulled you into her embrace.

"I know. Why do you think I use it on you so often?" She asked playfully.

You turned around and looped your arms around her neck. "You're cute."

She leaned in to kiss you softly, soaking in the taste of your lips that she always craves so much. She slid her fingers along your back and across your shoulder blades. The stressful week she'd had caused her to shoulders to feel heavy, but when you brushed your fingertips along them she found all her stresses fading away.

She pulled away and let her forehead drop to your shoulder. She couldn't wipe away the smile on her face or deny the happiness that made her eyes light up. She was just so excited to finally spend time with her favorite girl.