ignoring prank (requested)

"Kaylee!" You yelled out excitedly as you walked through the door, finding her sat on the sofa with the remote in her hand. She was flipping through the channels, but you figured she'd at least say something to you.

She's always happy when you arrive home! Usually, she's pulling you into her arms and greeting you with soft and sweet kisses, and is asking you all about your day.

But today, it's as though she doesn't even know that you exist. Her attention is focused elsewhere and clearly on anything but you. Because once she settled on something to watch she was pulling her phone out to scroll mindlessly through social media.

"Kaylee?"

You sat on the couch beside her and put your hand on her thigh. She didn't return your touch or say a word. She just stayed staring at her phone.

"What's the matter? Did I do or forget something?"

She didn't say a word. She didn't even turn to look at you.

Becoming annoyed, you crawled onto her lap and tried to push her phone out of her hand. She didn't seem to care, though. She just tightened her grip on the corners of it and continued scrolling.

You huffed in frustration, but you weren't giving up so easily. You started to lay kisses across her face, thinking that would get her to laugh and she'd be holding onto you as she explained whatever it was that was clearly bothering her.

But she didn't laugh. She didn't even crack a smile or look at you. Not a glance, not a single word from her lips.

"What's wrong with you? Why won't you talk to me? If I did something wrong you have to tell me what it is so I can fix it."

You paused, hoping for a break in the silence. But it never came and you only grew more frustrated.

"Kaylee!"

Your voice cracked, unaware that Kaylee's heart was breaking. She bit the inside of her cheek, trying hard to keep this up. She still had a whole twenty-three hours and some minutes to go! But she knew you were hurting because of her pulling this stupid prank and she knew she'd never make it the whole twenty-four hours.

"Fine. If you want to act this way then do so. But you can sleep on this couch tonight because I'm not dealing with this." You mumbled and tried to climb off of her lap, only for her to wrap her arms around you and bring you back down. You giggled, although you didn't want to.

"No. Kaylee, let go. You hurt my feelings."

She chuckled sadly and turned you around so you'd be able to bury your face in her neck and loop your arms around her.

"I'm sorry, baby. It was just a prank."

"A what?" You asked in disbelief, pulling away with a pout forming on your lips. "That's mean."

"I know. I'm sorry."

"I thought I forgot something important or that you were upset with me for some reason."

She shook her head and moved her hands up to gently rest on your cheeks. "You did nothing wrong. I promise."

You leaned in to kiss her and even though you were trying not to, you couldn't help but smile against her lips. She moved her hands to your hips to keep you close as her lips moved lovingly against your own.

"I love you."

"Love you too. No more pranks." You pouted, to which she chuckled and said,

"Deal, baby," before bringing you in for another kiss.