she plays with your hair

The sound of the movie playing was slowly starting to fade out. Curled up in bed with Kaylee, your head against her chest, you felt warm and content. Your day had been uneventful and the hours had dragged by, but you knew the next few days would be different since you get to spend them all with her.

To start your time off, Kaylee suggested you watch a movie together while laying in bed. It sounded perfect to you; it gave you the perfect excuse to cuddle with her for hours on end. While the movie was one you loved and could watch again and again, you found yourself tuning out of it as Kaylee brushed her fingers through your hair.

"You're quiet." She whispered as she glanced down at you, chuckling softly when she noticed your eyes were closed. You opened them just a second later though, a lazy smile tugged at your lips when you saw her staring at you.

"You're playing with my hair. It helps me relax, sometimes even lulls me to sleep." You mumbled but a giggle quickly followed, the sound like music to her ears as she cupped your cheek and kissed your forehead a couple of times.

"I'm glad you're relaxed, honey." She said and watched as you closed your eyes again when she resumed brushing her fingers through your hair. She watched your eyelashes flutter against your cheeks and could feel your warm breath fanning against her skin.

You could feel yourself drifting off to sleep as she scratched your scalp lightly and twirled your hair gently around her fingertips. She gently combed her fingers through any tangles in your hair and admired how smooth your hair felt and how your shampoo still lingered in every lock.

"I love you lots." She whispered, wondering if you'd answer her. But all she got in response was the sound of your soft breaths falling from your lips. She brushed her lips against your hair and let them linger there for a moment as a warmth spread through her heart upon realizing you had fallen asleep on her chest, with your ear right over her heart.

"What did I ever do to deserve you?" She whispered to herself. "I love you so much, Y/N."