she falls asleep on your lap

She yawned as she made herself nice and cozy on the couch with you.

After a few busy days with hardly any time to spend together, you finally have a few days to do whatever you please, and it seemed like Kaylee wanted to spend that time cuddled up together with good movies and good food.

You couldn't help but giggle as she laid her head down on your lap. You began to brush your fingers through her hair which caused a smile to appear on her face. Her brown eyes met your own as she moved her hand to hold your own. Bringing it from her hair, she kissed your fingers and then closed her eyes as you kissed her temple.

"What do you wanna watch?" You asked as you flipped through all the channels.

"Whatever is fine with me. I'm just happy to be spending time with you." She responded.

After flipping through channel after channel only to find nothing interesting, you turned on Netflix instead and turned on a movie Kaylee would love.

You enjoyed the comfortable silence in the air. Looking down at your girlfriend, you could see her fighting to keep her tired eyes open, but it was getting to be difficult. You were making her feel so content by playing with her hair and she felt so warm on your lap and with the blanket nice and snug over her.

"I love you." You reminded her.

A flkutter appeared in your chest when she tilted her head up and sent you a big, bright smile. "Love you more."

"Not possible."

She shook her head, eyes fluttering closed when you stroked her forehead. "I love you the most." She said, and she meant every word.

You spent more time watching her than you did the movie. You watched her eyelashes flutter against her smooth cheeks. You twirled her hair around your fingertips gently and listened to her hum contently in response. It was nice to see her so relaxed after being so busy these last few days.

She was so close to falling asleep, nearly there. But before she could fall asleep completely she found herself itching to hold your hand. And with her eyes still closed, she felt around for your hand; wanting nothing more than to hold it in her own.

"That's better." She mumbled sleepily when she found it and laced your fingers together.

Your heart skipped a beat. You absentmindedly brushed your thumb along her palm as she drifted off to sleep. Her skin was so soft. Your heart swelled with love as she parted her lips and inhaled and exhaled steadily. She was fast asleep and looking like an angel.