2 am beach dates (requested)

"Y/N? Are you still awake?" Kaylee whispered and waited for your response as she lay awake beside you in the dark.

"Yeah." You sighed.

You turned on your back and she turned on the lamp as you did so. She put her head back on the pillow but scooted closer to you, placing her hand on your cheek.

"I can't believe it's almost two am and I'm not even tired." You said.

"I know. I'm not tired either." Kaylee spoke as she brushed her thumb across your skin. "We should do something."

"Kaylee, that sounds fun, but it's almost two. What is there to do at this hour?"

She thought about it for a second before her eyes lit up.

"We should go to the beach!"

"Seriously?" You wondered, a smile tugging at your lips.

"Yeah. What's the point of just laying here and getting frustrated because we can't sleep? Let's go to the beach. We can go swimming, stare up at the stars and the moonlight. It'll be fun."

"Okay." You grinned and she gave you a quick kiss before pushing the blankets away.

"Okay then. Let's get ready to go." She said before you both got out of bed to get ready.

You both quickly brushed your teeth and changed into some different clothes before she grabbed the keys and you headed out the door.

A little while later, you arrived and began to walk across the sand with her hand wrapped in yours.

You kept your cheek on her shoulder as you listened to the peaceful sound of the waves crashing on the shore.

"What should we do first?" You asked.

She pulled away from you and you opened your eyes, gazing at her in confusion.

"Why'd you pull away?" You pouted a little, only to notice the gleam in her eyes.

Before you could ask what she was up to, she brought your hand to her lips to leave a few sweet kisses across your knuckles.

"You're so beautiful, even more so in the moonlight." She whispered softly before she started to spin you around.

"What are we doing?" You laughed and she let go of your hands to put her arms around your waist.

"Put your head on my shoulder." She whispered and you did as she said before she began to sway with you in her arms.

"Slow dancing?"

"Yeah. I love doing this with you." She said as she kissed your shoulder a few times. "We don't do it often, which I think we should change. We should do this more often too. It's always so special, but slow dancing with you under the moon, with the stars in the sky and the waves crashing in the background... it's all just so-"

"Perfect." You finished and she chuckled as she kissed your head.

"Exactly. Just like you, my love."

You cracked a smile as you buried your face in her neck, breathing in her scent as you continued to dance under the moonlight.

She started to hum quietly, the lyrics of your favorite slow song falling from her lips on occasion, and into your ear as she kept her lips by it.

Your heart felt so full, so happy.

"We should spend more sleepless nights like these." You said before she took your hand into hers and spun you around again, giggling along with you.

"We should and we will. I promise, baby. We'll do this more often." She promised as she hugged you tight again, continuing to dance with you in her embrace, making you feel oh so loved.