waking her up with kisses

The sound of Kaylee's alarm continued to blare. Even though you really didn't want to, you had no other choice but to open your eyes to turn the thing off since Kaylee was sleeping through it.

"Kaylee it's time to wake up." You mumbled as you leaned over her to turn off the alarm. You pulled away and stared at her for a moment to wait and see if she'd move or open her eyes. But they remained closed and she laid still, the only movement being the steady rise and fall of her chest as she breathed in and out.

"Kaylee?" You ran your fingers along her arms, trying to coax her awake. "Baby, it's time to get up. You have a big day ahead." You whispered in her ear and laid a kiss right behind it. It's an important day for her, a day of work she couldn't miss. With auditions and interviews lined up, it was a day she couldn't afford to miss out on.

"Kaylee..."

She grunted and tried to pull the covers over her head, making you chuckle. You climbed on them and hovered over her, making sure she couldn't bring them over her head which she didn't seem to appreciate.

"You're mean." She mumbled groggily.

Knowing she couldn't pull the covers over her head, she instead laid her forearm over her eyes in an attempt to block out the sunlight and drift back off to sleep.

"Kaylee, you have to get up." You reminded her again and started to kiss her face. You dragged your lips along her cheeks and to the tip of her nose which, as much as she tried to hide it, caused her to smile.

"Early bird gets the worm." You giggled.

"No. I don't wanna go." She whined.

You pulled her forearm away and kissed right below her eyes. You let your lips brush along her forehead delicately before trailing them to her jaw. She sighed softly and put her head back, a content hum falling from her chapped lips.

"The sooner you get going, the sooner you'll get home tonight."

She knew you were right, and she knew she didn't really have a choice. So, although still a little unwillingly, she opened her eyes. But they closed again when your lips touched hers, opening again only a few seconds later.

"Good morning."

"Good morning to you too, Y/N."

You pecked her cheek then pulled at her hand to tug her out of bed. "C'mon lovely, let's get ready to go. It'll be a good day." You smiled as you entered the bathroom to brush your teeth together and to get ready for the day ahead.