Lonely nights

January 16 1982

2 months.2 months and 16 days had passed since Sirius was wrongly accused and thrown into Azkaban for a crime he didn't commit.2 months and 16 days since that horrible Halloween night that none of them could ever forget.

Remus sat up on his bed.He looked over at the clock next to him.4:31.He knew that it was pointless to try to sleep.He wouldn't be able to.Not with the trial of his boyfriend being held the next day. Ex-boyfriend he thought to himself.He didn't know what they were at this point of time exactly.Of course he and Sirius were supposed to get married.They had even planned all the details of their wedding.But that was before the war,before Sirius blamed him for being the traitor,before that dreadful October night.

He didn't understand how Sirius could have done this.How could he betray his best friend,Lily,his godson,everyone for that matter.How could he betray him?And yet he had done it.Sirius had turned his back against them,sided with the dark lord.Proved what being a Black is.
All the signs turned to him.Yet Remus felt that something was off.He couldn't wrap his mind around things and all this thinking was giving him a headache.He shot up from the bed and tip-toed to the crib he had placed weeks ago next to his bed .Harry was sleeping peacefully inside wrapped with a blanket snorring lightly.Remus smirked at the sight and made his was to the balcony of  the apartment.He looked at the sky,at the stars and the half-moon.He closed his eyes feeling the winter breeze in his skin and letting himself get lost in the moment.

---------

Sirius looked outside his small window in his azkaban sell.He had spent the past 2 months and 16 days most times in his animagus form as it kept the dementors away.He sighted at the sight of the moon and the sound of the waves below him.

Was he anxious for the trial tomorrow?No.He didn't really think that anyone would believe him.He was a Black after all, why would anyone trust him.He would spent the rest of his days in Azkaban with Remus thinking he is a traitor.Remus. His mind eased at the memories of his boyfriend.Remus eating,Remus scolding him for pulling another prank,Remus looking at him with that lovely look in his eyes. His eyes. God he missed him.As the memories flooded a smirked appear on his face and he felt the dementors roaming closer to him.Shit he thought.There was no escaping them tonight.At least he could see him tomorrow one last time in the trial.Even if it was just for a brief moment.

A thought was born in his mind.What if he didn't come?No even if he hated him he would want to see his downfall.Where would he even leave Harry he thought to himself again.His heart ached at his godson, orphaned at such a young age.Memories filled his head again as he looked outside of the small window in the cloudy sky a moon fighting to be seen behind the clouds.

He transformed back onto his human form and let himself get lost in the dementors touch.

--------------

Yelp so this was the first chapter of my very first fanfic.I hope it didn't suck lol.It was inspired by a wolfstar fanart i saw on tik tok and Pinterest.I hope you enjoy it.xo