To Padfoot and Moony

14 April 1983

The malfoy manor was a quiet place.If you asked the residents they would even tell you that it was peaceful. Narcissa Malfoy would usually enjoy her free time with her son while her husband, Lucius Malfoy would spend less time in the house and more attending matters of his own .However if you were to ask what this matters were you would get no particular response.

Some said it was business some said it remained unknown.However if you were to hire someone to spy on the Malfoy's dinning room, at the late hours of the night, he would come across an interesting exchange.

"Bring the rat in!" a voice shouted

The door opened and Carrow dragged inside a short man with pointy teeth and unattended hair.He pushed him to the center of the room were a black haired man with long face approached him.

"You didn't think we had forgotten you" Rodolphus Lestrange smiled

"I-I" the short boy stammered

"You?"

"I c-can explain" he managed

Rodolphus offered him a wicked smile.

"Then do so" he said calmly

"Yo- you see After that night w-when things didn't go e-exactly us planned i ehm I considered hiding with the Weasleys a-as a s-spy "

He paused and the other man looked at him a blank look on his face.

"B-but n-now they are very close with my old friends.And I had to leave."

"And why is that?"

" They are aware of my rat form so it would be easy to detect me" he said his heart skipping a beat

"But all of this was never part of the original plan.Was it?" Rodolphus answered full with sarcasm.

"No b-but "

"But?"

"I -I thought it would be helpful"

"It was indeed helpful." he paused

"ON SENDING HALF OF US IN AZKABAN" he shouted suddenly and Peter jumped on the spot.

"Which means that our chances of finding the boy and bringing back our Lord are diminshed to almost zero!"

Pettigrew opened his mouth.He seemed like he was trying to form words but was unable.

Rodolphus walked closer to him.

"Are you afraid Wormtail?"

"N-no"

He laughed.A cold haunting laugh.
"I really like you.You betrayed your only friends and joined the other side on a mission to kill your best friend's son.I mean that's impressive"

He extended his wands and rested them on Peter's shoulders.

"But if you keep feeding my lies I'm going to cut your tongue of"

Peter swallowed.

"Now since your so called plan was good enough to not follow the original." He stopped and smirked

"W-what?" Pettigrew eyed him sweat on his forhead

"It's time that despicable rat form of yours comes in use. You will be our eyes finding all the information we need and serving us to fulfil our true purpose"

Pettigrew felt the whole world beneath him shatter as the man tightened his grip on him.

"Starting now."