Back home

January 17 1982

Remus opened the door of their apartment the familiar smell of their house hitting their noses.

"Here we are.Home sweet home." Remus gasped out as he made his way inside, Sirius one step behind him. Fuck he was sweating."So i was thinking that i made you something to eat while you took a bath and changed and then-"

"Where's Harry?"the smaller male interrupted him as he looked around at the house.Before Remus could reply a small woman made her way to the hall holding a giggling Harry in her arms.Sirius gaze softened ,a small smile appearing on his face at the sight of his godson. Surprisingly Harry didn't seem any less enthusiastic about it as he extended his arms towards Sirius.

"Pad-Pad".Sirius took Harry in his embrace trying to hold back tears.

"Hey little man.You've grown.I missed you so so much."He tightened his grip around the baby as much as he could without crashing him.Remus looked over at them with affection in his eyes.

"It looks like i am not needed anymore" Alice cleared her throat.

"Yeah thank you Alice." Remus replied not taking his eyes of the sight in front of him once.

-----------

Remus had finally convinced Sirius to eat something as he became awfully thin the past two months and a half.It was about 4.30 in the afternoon.Sirius was sitting in the kitchen with Harry in his arms who had drifted into a peaceful sleep and Remus was on the counter across him.They sat there enjoying the comfort of the silence.Eventually it was Remus who broke it.

"We should really get you cleaned up.You know fix the infamous Sirius Black hair and all that shit."The other chuckled.

"Come on Harry will be fine".And with that he took Harry from the other's arms went into the bedroom and placed him carefully in his crib before returning to the kitchen.He grabbed Sirius by the arm and guided him to the bathroom.
Remus opened a drawer and took out a brush and several hair products.

"I figured you would need help with the hair and all the knots"Remus blushed opening the water to the bathtub.

"Thanks."Sirius mumbled and started taking of his ragged clothes .Remus didn't know what to do with his gaze.Sirius hadn't told him to turn around or get out and it wasn't exactly the first time seeing Sirius naked but he still couldn't bring himself to look at him.Eventually Sirius made it inside the bathtub that was full with water now and Remus sat on the floor behind him soaking his hair.

"I'm sorry" Remus exhaled after some minutes had passed.

"What for?"

"Not trusting you.Believing even for a second that it was you."

"It's not your fault.Everything pointed at me. Beside's the name alone is enough for someone-"

"No.The name proves nothing.You are nothing like them.I'm so sorry.He took a deep breath putting soap in to Sirius hair."You have proven to me who you are.And me out of everyone should have believed that you would have never sided with the Dark Lord you would have never betrayed us or J-". Remus stopped himself at the name.He looked over at Sirius who bared a pained expression and nervously played with his fingers.God he the boy didn't even have time to grief.He didn't even get the chance to say goodbye for that matter.The funeral was held when he was imprisoned for a crime he didn't commit.

"Where are they?" the boy in the bathtub said voice barely a whisper.

"Godric's Hollow cemetery."

"I want to go."

"I can take you.But not today.You should rest.We will go tomorrow."

The taller boy cleaned the rest of the soap from the other's hair and grabbed a towel from the sink which he gave to Sirius and quickly made his way to the door to give the other some privacy.

Sirius had already shot up from the bathtub wrapping the towel around him and grabbed Remus by the wrist.

"Wait I-I"He didn't need to continue as the other had already turned around and placed his palms on his cheeks connecting their lips together.

Τhey kissed each other passionately as if it was the only thing that truly mattered in the world.As if their life depended on it.As if they were the only people left in the world.And god it was wonderful.It was like their lips fit perfectly together.Like they were meant to be kissing each other. They broke apart and Sirius took Remus hands on his own and they rested their forheads together holding their eyes closed.

"God I love you so much" Remus murmured .

"I love you too" Sirius replied not daring to let the other go.