Baby talks

February 2 1982

It had been two weeks since the visit at Godric's Hollow cemetery.It was a rather cold night and the sky was clear.Sirius could feel the light of the full moon on his eyes , as he sat still laying on his bed.His eyes shot open and he stared at the ceiling.It would have been at least two hours after midnight by now but he couldn't bring himself to turn his head and look at the clock.To much energy.It's not like he had gotten any sleep that night and he wouldn't get either.His mind was with Remus.His Remus.He was surely transformed by now in some woods far away from there.Sirius shuddered at the thought of it .Bones shuttering,flesh being torn appart,his excruciating screams of pain,the blood. The werewolf out of control.Remus inner battle getting up in the morning confused , worried about what the werewolf did.

That bloody werewolf.It had haunted Remus for all his life,always making him feel like he didn't deserve to be treated as a person, like an outcast , a monster even.Sirius remembered back in Howgarts how sometimes the weight of his nature got to much.He remember the nights after the full moon that Sirius sat by the hospital bed constantly reminding the taller male that he was worth it.His nature didn't make him any less of a human.Not less of a person.His nature didn't define him,it was his heart that did.And he had plenty of it.

He wanted nothing more than to be with him now.But he couldn't.

A noise interrupted his thoughts, filling the silence of the dark room.Crying.A baby's crying .

"Shit" Sirius mumbled and threw the covers of himself quickly making his way to the crib next to the bed.He took the little baby in his arms that was still crying.He rocked him back and forth.

"Shh...shhh.It's okay Harry.Everything's okay.It was just a nightmare."

He sighted.Harry seemed to be having those a lot.He always woke up crying and trembling and nothing seemed to be calming him down.As much as he tried the baby didn't seem to calm down.Nothing like a mother's touch he thought.He walked to the bathroom and opened the light as it brought comfort to the toddler in his arms.He opened the sink and soaked his palms running them through Harry's face,which finally calmed him down.Yet a frown remained on his face.

"You aren't quite feeling it tonight are you little man?" Sirius said looking to them through the mirror."I know I feel a little off without him here too."He sighted again."But don't worry he will be back soon."

He walked into the bedroom and took a blanket wrapping it around Harry as he opened the door that lead to the small garden of their house.He sat down at the big fluffy pillows that he and Remus had placed on the grass, back when they got the house.Harry in his arms looking at the moon,rested his head on Sirius shoulder playing with his long black hair.Sirius gazed at the moon.

"You know me and your father used to transform to animagi and follow Remus to the Shrieking Shack to make sure he was okay."He paused smiling at himself. He looked down at the small human that was now pulling his long black hair eyes starting to close.

"But that's a story I'll tell you when you are older." He sat there until he heard baby Harry snorring in his arms.He then walked back inside placed harry on the bed and layed down next to him.He put a pillow next to him so that he wouldn't roll over to the floor.

And somehow as he looked there at the sleeping baby that looked so much like his father, he caught a glimpse of memories he had tried to bury but knew he never could.He remembered that hot night that he ran away to James' house.How the potter's let him in.He remembered laying down in a bed tears filling his eyes.He remembered how he hadn't said anything yet james new.He had layed next to him wiping his tears wrapping his arms around him until he finally fell asleep.And with these memories warming his heart he managed to fall asleep now again next to the little baby.

----------

The sun was already rising when Remus made it back home.Thank Merlin it was an easy moon.He was lucky enough to get out of it with only a few scratches.He was exhausted nonetheless.

He pushed the door open and made it inside closing the door behind him flinching at the noise it made.He went directly to the bathroom and took a ten minute shower, his tense muscles relaxing at the hot water.He let the mud the dirt and the sweat wash off his body.He close the water and dried himself as he slipped inside his pajamas.He then walked to their bedroom. He then stopped at the door smiling at the sight in front of him.

Sirius was sleeping peacefully hugging Harry closely.He layed down himself on the other side so that harry would be at the middle of the couple.He leaned closer kissing both Sirius and harry at their forheads.The former budged.

"Moony you are back" the raven haired boy yawned."Are you alright" he opened his eyes to take a careful look at him.

"I'm fine love.Don't worry about me.Go back to sleep."

And with that they both rested their heads on their pillows letting sleep wash over them.

---------

Is this getting too deep?
I hope not.Thanks for reading i can't believe that this is actually getting reads lol.