Rat

23 November 1983

Remus awoke to someone coughing.He quickly sat up on the floor where he was spending the night and looked at the bed.

Sirius was already sitting up from the toddler's bed where he was sleeping . He leaned over Harry who was coughing violently.

Remus got up and sat on the bed too.

Harry was sitting up as well now , his eyes half-closed , his nose running and sweat on his forhead.

Remus extended his hand and rested it on Harry's forhead.He frowned.

"He has a fever again."

"I'll go grab the medicine" Sirius mumbled.

He nudged Harry closer to Remus who wrapped his arms around him .He reappeared a few seconds later stumbling in the dark room.Remus helped Harry sit up and Sirius gave him the medicine.Harry accepted it with a face and rested his head on Remus shoulder again.

"This is ridiculous we are wizards.There must be something else to do" Sirius protested

"He is just coming down with the flu love . It's normal , i got it all the time as a kid.

"Yeah I remember that" the other man replied.

"Besides" Remus continued "don't you remember when you got the flu and we have to force you to eat?"

"Hey that never happened!" Sirius answered a little louder than necessary.

Harry shifted and Remus layed down on the toddler's bed with Harry on his chest They let the silence cover them , their eyes heavy from the lack of sleep.

"Sure it did and you always whined like a baby" Remus whispered smiling.

Sirius went to protest but Remus caught his wrist and pulled him so that he was laying beside him too.He kissed his forhead and Sirius leaned in on the warmth of Remus.Laying side by side on the small toddler's bed - that didn't quite fit them-they relaxed into each others warmth.

Harry coughed again and sat up .He rubbed his eyes still half-closed from sleep and layed down again between the two men.He rested his head on sirius' chest and he put his legs on top of  Remus' stomach.

"Is this a sleepover?" he mumbled sleepily

Sirius snorted.

"Yeah kid whatever you want."

"Can we play a game?" he said in his half consciousness.

"Maybe tomorrow morning.For now go back to sleep mini-prongs" Remus said resting a hand on his back.

Sirius kissed his forehead as Harry drifted away into a peaceful sleep , protected from his family and surrounded by love and care.For that moment the three of them laying on a toddler's bed in the middle of the night was the only thing that was important. Nothing else mattered.

Remus looked at his watch and reached for Sirius hand.

"Happy anniversary love" he whispered.

"Happy anniversary Moony.I love you" Sirius said and tightened his grip.

"I love you too"

They laced their fingers tighter together and drifted into a peaceful sleep.

----------

29 November 1983

A few day later ,after Harry had felt better they decided to visit the Weasley's.It was Bill's birthday and they were invited to spend the day.