chapter 17: The Lola Loud Affair

What happens when you combine the mind of a brilliant woman in her thirties with the childish mentality of a seven year old?

A very cunning an imaginative criminal mastermind.

The necklace that caused Tatiana to switch bodies with Lola was being held in the San Francisco museum of natural history. Lola needed this necklace to break the spell, so that necklace was going to have to be stolen.

Lola had no moral qualms about this.

worse, she was currently a billionaire. And had all the resources she needed to pull off such a theft.

It all started with a scary looking man sitting in the park.

..............

Lola went to the park right after her meeting with sally. She needed an accomplice. Someone who was crazy enough, dumb enough or just plain nasty enough to assist her in a theft.

And as Lola's cunning mind worked a dark and terrifying voice perked up beside her.

"So I hear your looking for someone special."

Lola looked to her right and saw a guy dressed in all black. He wore a black suit in a black trench coat and tie. His hair was light brown and her had a charming smile and a slight southern accent.

"A friend, and ally...someone who can grant even your darkest hearts desire. A demon..." he said as he stared straight ahead of him with that charming look on his face.

"I have power. Actually, its not so much a power as it is a virus. I was born with it you see, the damn thing nearly makes up my entire being. With it I can alter my very dna. I can change my physical form, make myself look like anyone, turn my hands into weapons. Anything you can possibly imagine and I can become it." he chuckled with black joy.

Lola's blood went cold as she stared at this terrifying man.

"Invisibility is a good one. Telepathy is one of mine too. I can read peoples deepest thoughts and desires......They call me Pariah. It means outcast. And from what I'm hearing inside your head, I reckon your looking for someone with power ain't you?"

The man turned his head, looked straight into Lolas soul, and burst out laughing.

"OH my god! I'm so sorry, I didn't even see you there! Don't panic, I'm just rehearsing for a part." The man pulled out a script with PARIAH written at the top. "Jesus, I must have scared the hell out of you."

Then it was Lola's turn to laugh as she clutched her chest. "Your darn right you did. I think you just took off years of my life. What kind of sick movie are you reading for?"

"Ah, its some kind of video game where you shoot zombies or something. Prototype 3. I'm auditioning for the final boss."

"Wait a minute! I know you!. Your Matthew McConaughey!"

"I am."

Lola squealed like a little girl and shook his hand. 

After autographs were exchanged, Matt explained that he had just come from a commercial for mens cologne. Hence, his very matrix looking attire.

"Yeah, being an actors great and all. I love the fame, the fans, representing something positive for young artists and being able to have enough money to support important causes in a meaningful way."

"I donated a wing at the San Francisco history museum!"

"Really?!" 

"Yep. Its called the Tiche Gallery. I do things like that....Cuz I'm rich."