Chapter 4: A cry for Help

Now, Although switching bodies with someone who lives many miles away would be considered at least a noteworthy concern, both Lola and Tatianna both approached the subject in the same manner. They ignored it.

Lola, being a child, came to the conclusion this was a one off. She wished that she could be grown up for a day, she had been a grown up for a day, happy ending.

For Tatianna, she was simply too busy to be bothered with something so ridiculous. She had too many meetings and had too much damage control to deal with. She preferred to just forget it ever happened and the sooner the better.

Both women would realize this was only the beginning of a very real problem. A week after their first phone call they switched bodies again.

But we're getting ahead of ourselves....

....

Lola had spent the next week and a half suffering for her birthday tantrum in the most dramatic way possible.

Whenever her siblings had a friend over, Lola would tell them not to take friendship for granted as her friends probably would never speak to her again.

When Lori typed on her cell phone, or someone watched TV, Lola would ask what was going on in the world, for she was only allowed to use her phone for an hour at home and she was completely banned from the TV (that first day had been a fluke as lola had forgotten that part of the grounding and watched TV anyway)

"What is going on outside? What groundbreaking discoveries have been made? It's been so long since I heard any news" She would ask, really piling it on.

Part of her punishment was doing two weekly chores instead of one, which meant one sibling would get a day off from their usual chore. In this case, it was Lola who had to do trash duty while Lincoln got the week off. What did Lola do? She carried that bag of trash as noisily as possible. She made sure everyone could see that she was doing her time. Christ didn't carry the cross the way Lola carried that bag of trash. It was truly an Oscar worthy performance. After delivering the trash bag to the curb and collapsing from exhaustion, Luna and Luan even gave her a slow, sarcastic applause.

Lola knew sorry was just the beginning of things. She had to really show that she WAS sorry if she was going to get on peoples good side again.

Was it working? Eh, she was wearing her siblings down bit by bit. They got the message, but they weren't going to let her off that easy.

The real problem was Lana. She hadn't spoken a word to Lola in seven days and it was starting to get serious.

Lola was still sleeping in the basement. It was starting to get uncomfortable and scary but she dare not make a fuss.

Lana was still ignoring Lola at school. The kids were still talking behind Lola's back.

Lola said sorry a dozen times to no effect.

Lola made speeches with tears running down her face but Lana would just walk off.

Lola even tried bribery. She bought Lana a big, expensive, stuffed Lizard from the toy store with "to my beloved twin" written on the name tag.

Lana put it in the closet.

Lola was starting to worry that Lana really and truly hated her. The siblings were starting to get a little worried too. Lana wasn't the type to hold a grudge. Seeing Lana act like this was more than a little disturbing.