Chapter 10 Lead me not into temptation

(Trigger warning: The following chapter involves alcoholism, and has some elements that may push the boundaries of my All Ages rating. If Alcoholism is a real life issue for you or someone you care about, this chapter may upset you. If this is the case, please scroll to the bottom of the chapter. I have provided a plot summary so that you can go into the next chapter without actually having to read this one. To everyone else, please be understanding and do not make fun of any readers who deal with this issue. And of course, enjoy the story.)

A few more days went by.

Tatiana went through all the places she had visited before the swapping started but hadn't found any leads anywhere. 

Lola's investigation into birthday wishes had come to a similar dead end.

But the two were still switching bodies, and on one Saturday evening they faced yet another difficult trial.

Tatiana Tichy was hosting a big fancy dinner party for some very rich and important people living in the city.

Actually, dinner party is a bit of a stretch. This was no mere dinner party. This was "The Twelve For Aristology",  a yearly meeting of twelve gourmet individuals who eat a sumptuous seven course meal and discuss the different flavours and methods of cooking.

Aristology, for those who don't know, means the "Science of eating" and was a term invented by people who love fine dining.

In other words..... "Its a bunch of rich guys who eat a lot and then talk about it?"

"sigh....Yes Lola, thats....a crude way of putting it but yes." Tatiana felt a headache coming on.

"That sounds reaaaaally boring. Can we postpone it until you're back in your own body?" Lola whined with Tatiana's grown up voice.

"No you little idiot. We can't postpone this." Tatiana snapped in Lola's high pitched voice. "There's a man who attends these meeting every year and I want to introduce myself to him. His name is Desmond Bethell. I need to form an alliance with him to stop whatever my board of directors is planning behind my back."

"But... I don't know how to do that." Lola said nervously

"Then don't. Just make an introduction and throw the guy a good party.  You love hosting parties. This should play to your strengths."

"But those where tea parties. This...this is a fancy grownup party. With fancy food, and fancy conversations. Do I even serve tea?"

"No Lola. You'll be serving wine and drinking it."

Lola cringed. She remembered the awful beer she had that first time inTatiana's office. Wine was basically the next step up. "Do you really think I should be doing this?"

"Again. We don't really have a choice Lola. I went through a lot of trouble to invite these guys over. It's done. But here's the thing. I've hired the best chefs and waiters to help with this. The menu and drinks have all been picked, you just need to show up and look like you know what your talking about. I can help you with that. Just think of it as a normal tea party but more grown up."

"...you'll help me?"

"Of course I'll help you Lola."

"Okay. Thanks Ms Tiche."

"Call me Tanya. And please...PLEASE drink responsibly. While you're in my body your tolerance to alcohol is high, but you don't actually know how high.  You'll have to have one drink to keep up appearances but that doesn't mean you have to keep in pace with everybody else."