Chapter 2

TW: Detailed Murder

Pulling the hand brake, he pushed the door of his vehicle before slamming it behind him. Armed with his police uniform, Chaeyoung contemplated the sad scene surrounded by yellow bands.

...

I was a handsome young man at 28 years old. If I could have kept this appearance, I would have given anything!

I was called around 7:00 in the morning, inverting that a body had been discovered, bathing in his blood in an alley in New York, not far from the One World Trade Center. The killer had taken reckless risks. Leaving a body here in the middle of a crowd but strangely, nobody saw anything! People are curious and like to dig into other people’s lives but when it comes to murder, no one.

...

Chaeyoung showed his lieutenant’s card and headed towards the body before being stopped by Tzuyu, his colleague.

"Did you eat this morning?" She asked in a neutral and cold tone.

"Yes... Why?"

"I think your breakfast is going to come up fast. It’s not pretty." She warned.

Son Chaeyoung frowned and still approached the body. A high heart took him and he clasped his hand in front of his mouth. The man was disfigured, an eye had even detached. His mouth wide open, his jaw had been smashed without mercy. His private parts had been destroyed by a hammer. The killer had erased his identity, reducing him to a “thing”.

...

It was awful. I could not imagine the pain he had felt. Today, I am very happy that Mina slaughtered him. That’s all he deserved.

...

Chaeyoung took his breath and turned his gaze to Dahyun, who was talking to the forensics police. Jeongyeon, a tall woman with glasses, turned to him. According to Tzuyu, witnesses saw a person dressed in black, escape to the north.

"Time of death?" asked Chaeyoung.

"The body is still warm. I will say that he was killed only an hour ago," Jeongyeon replied, turning to the body that was covered with a tarp.

"What?" said Dahyun. "The killer can still be here!"

Chaeyoung picked up his radio and asked all units to deploy to New York City.

...

According to the testimony, our killer escaped in the direction of Central Park. Again, that surprised me. A killer tries to hide after a murder, but Mina just merged between the civilians. She played with us and she loved it. We could have stopped her the first time we played, but she was much more cunning.

...

Leaving her vehicle, Tzuyu rushed into the park.

Chaeyoung seized his service weapon and asked the walkers to leave immediately.

"I want you to begin the search when I leave," Chae said before going to the park.

"All right, Lieutenant!"

...

She was right there.

...

"Identity paper," asked a fellow officer.

The young woman with dark brown eyes held out her card to him in silence.

The officer looked at the photo and looked up at the woman.

"Myoui Mina?"

"That's me," said the jogger, with her arms, crossed over her chest. "Can I know what’s going on?"

"Simple control," replied the young policeman.

"Do you control joggers? Don’t you have anything else to do?"

Chae came to the officer and froze falling into the dark gaze of the brunette.

...

I literally fell under her spell that day. Hair tied back into a high ponytail. Eyes of dark brown iris that could not be detached and a well-drawn mouth. A goddess carved out of the stone by a deity.

...

"We have only that to do," replied Chaeyoung in a tone of challenge.

Mina raised her eyebrows and smiled at him.

"That doesn’t surprise me. Well, can I go, or will I have to stand up with two slobs?"

The lieutenant kept his eyes on her and took the opportunity to contemplate her. Dressed in a sports bra, black leggings, and headphones, she seemed to be athletic and took care of her body. A beautiful figure, firm hips and a toned stomach, she must have been the kind of woman who put all men at her feet. Seductive and cunning, she always achieved her ends by playing on the feelings of her victims. A real viper.

...

I was part of it. But unlike the others, I was the one she truly loved and I loved her back.

...

"You can go," replied Chae, handing her the card.

"Thank you," Mina smiled as she grabbed the card before quietly leaving the park.

"Lieutenant, black clothes were found in a trash can!"

Chaeyoung rushed with his colleagues to the indicated spot while Mina left with a smile on her lips.