Chapter 16

Clark looked at the old man who wiped his tears before fondling his dog.

"I threw myself into the flames but her body was burnt. Despite this, I recovered it before the police arrived."

The young journalist lowered his eyes, tightening his jaw to hold back a few tears.

"Due to lack of technology, they did not find any corpses at the scene and still believe that Mina managed to escape. Her story came to light two years after her “disappearance” and the public discovered that she had been the main victim. Surprisingly, her crimes had helped protect the children from these rapists, who were also subjected to these horrors on a daily basis. Mina had been proclaimed a hero."

"Where did you bury her remains?"

"It’s a secret, my boy. She has accomplished her mission and is now resting."

Clark shook his hand and prepared to leave the house before turning around.

"Thank you Mr. Son. Your story with this woman is beautiful. I hope we can meet again."

"I don’t think so. I only have a few months to live. Take care of yourself, boy."

Clark gave him a sad smile before leaving.

Marching among the flowers, Chaeyoung stopped by the little river. He saw a mother duck and her cubs swimming in the water. He smiled and continued on his way to a tree. Placing his gaze on the little tombstone, he raised his hand and looked at the little ring on his finger. A ring dear to Mina's eyes. She gave it to him a few days before ending her life. He put his hand on his heart and opened his eyes, feeling a breath in his neck. He turned and fell his eyes on Mina, dressed in a white dress. Her feminine hand lay tenderly upon her carved cheek.

"I’ll be joining you soon," smiles Chae.

"I will wait for you," said Mina with tenderness.