Chapter 3

...

Black clothes used by the killer were found in a garbage can outside the park. We found nothing but the blood of the victim: Jack Black. A 45-year-old man, father of two children, who chained the infidelities. So we first suspected his wife, but we didn’t get anything out of it. She had an alibi the day of the murder, so we took her off the list of suspects. So I went through his infidelities and they were mostly prostitutes. He used to go to clubs at night and he probably ran into a woman who didn’t just want “sex”. Again, we were stuck because his wallet was still on him when we discovered him.

So this woman was looking for something else.

...

Chae sat down at a bar and ordered a glass of alcohol.

"Hard day?" asked the bartender, pushing the glass over the counter.

"And this is just the beginning..."

He thanked him and swallowed him without restraint before resting the glass. He turned on his chair and fell on this famous woman who entered the bar. The latter crossed her eyes and went towards him.

"What do you want, dear?" Asked the bartender, wiping his glasses with a cloth.

"Same as the gentleman," she replied, settling beside him. "I thought I would never see your face again."

"Like what, anything can happen," smiled Chaeyoung, putting his elbows on the counter. "Myoui Mina?"

"Esquire."

"Oh? You’re a lawyer?"

"Exactly, Son Chaeyoung?" replied Mina.

"Lieutenant," he corrected. "Lieutenant Son Chaeyoung, here to serve you."

She lifted her eyes to heaven and thanked with a whim before bringing her glass to her lips.

"You look more like a teenager in puberty," she says before drinking.

He laughed the most.

"Thank you for the compliment, you are very beautiful too."

We looked at each other for a few seconds and I noticed a slight redness on her cheeks, which accentuated my smile and her embarrassment! She received very few compliments when she told me about her past. So I did everything I could to satisfy her.

"You don’t have anything else to do?" She asked, finishing her glass.

"Yes, on the contrary, I do." Replied Chaeyoung, leaning on his elbow, continuing to look at her with a gaping smile on his face.

"May I ask what?" asked Mina, turning to him, taking the same position.

"You."

She giggled.

"I wish you good luck, you are not my type of man."

"Oh, you just broke my heart..." mumbled Chae before his gray radio goes off. "Excuse me, duty awaits me. I hope we meet again."

"I hope not," she said, smiling at him.

Chae came out of the bar and stuck his radio to his lips.

"I'm listening."

"Another body was found," replied Tzuyu.