Chapter 4

...
"Steven Blake, a 54-year-old male, single and unemployed. We found him in an alley not far from the first crime. Same interest: infidelity and club attendance. We interviewed all the women who worked in the clubs but also the bartenders, dancers... It was difficult because most of them didn’t want to talk in order to protect themselves, but we didn’t get anything out of it again. We were spinning in circles as the killer left more bodies behind."

"That day, Mina and I had met again. Once again, in the greatest of luck, I thank you! I was about to return to my pitiful little apartment in New York to continue working when I had seen her arguing with a man who was pretty big. I had quickly identified the situation and had to get her out."

...

"Honey, are you okay?" Worried Chae, walking towards her.

Mina turned to him, frowning.

"Is she your girlfriend?" Spit the man, spotting his police uniform.

The latter grimaced and wiped the postillons that he caught on his face before passing an arm around the brunette's pelvis.

"My wife," he corrected. "May I know what is happening?" Asked Chae with professionalism.

"Oh, nothing!" smiled Mina, taking his hand. "He just insulted me because he didn’t want me to, quote, suck it."

"What the! This bitch..."

...

"At that moment, a hatred had gripped my throat and I did not know what had caught me. My fist had landed straight in his face. Fortunately, there were no witnesses at this hour, I think I’ll have taken a life. Park Jihyo, the commissioner at the time, would have punished me well: the withdrawal of the investigation perhaps. But he deserved it. I ran into guys like that every day and they were so repugnant to me. I didn’t understand why women were treated as sexual objects. They deserved to be treated like goddesses!"

"Of course, he didn’t let it happen and he threw himself at me."

...

Mina retreated with wide eyes, while Chaeyoung crashed to the ground, his throat surrounded by the filthy hands of the individual.

"You fucking cop!"

The latter looked faint and he began to see blur but the grip suddenly gave way. Mina had just thrown a violent stick at him with his service weapon that had slipped into his fall. She had seized the collar of this giant, followed by a violent knee stroke in his face.

...

"“Only I have the right to strangle him,” she whispered. I admit, she had scared me a little at the time but she had mostly saved me. I think if she hadn’t done something, I wouldn’t be here telling you our story. I could see the rage in that man’s eyes and he was going to finish what he was doing. Finish me off."

...

The individual insulted them before running away quickly. Chaeyoung stood up and wiped the blood from his nose.

"How are you?" Asked Mina, kneeling before him.

"Thank you, I thought you were going to leave too," laughed Chae before his chin was caught by the brunette.

"It’s bleeding a lot," she said.

Chaeyoung blinked his eyes.

"You might have a concussion too," she added, trying to catch his intention by snapping her fingers. "Hey?"

"Yes?"

"Answer me, you look like you’ve seen a ghost."

"I was looking at you," he smiled.

The brunette lifted her eyes to the sky and pulled on his arm to help him walk.

 ...

"What did you do next?" asked Clark.

"I went to her house," smiled the old man, caressing her dog’s head.

"That was quick!"

"I wasn’t her kind of man, but... Her eyes said otherwise."