Chapter 8

...
I would have liked to join her in the night but the work had prevented me. The man found was named Lucas Wood. A 65-year-old male, single and retired. We learned that he, too, frequented clubs at night and had sex with local prostitutes. The latter had described to us that he was quite violent and possessive during intercourse.

At that time, I was sure that she was one of the prostitutes who took revenge on men who were violent towards her but also towards her friends. A kind of solidarity, an unbreakable link between them but I was wrong.

According to the autopsy framed by Yoo Jeongyeon, this man was killed two weeks ago. The same injuries to the other victims, so it was the same killer. His discovery was late because he had found it in sewers in New York.

But this murder had been the trigger for Mina's descent into the underworld. A surveillance camera had captured images and we were able to draw up a sketch. Since the silhouette was very feminine, we concluded that she was a small woman. Dressed in black and the hood on the head, no distinctive sign to identify the face. But… We finally had a visual.

...

Working on her files, Mina pushed them when she heard the discovery of a body on TV. Grabbing her remote control, she increased the sound and stared at the images on the screen. Lucas' face appeared.

He pressed her against her tended that she cried and shouted Dad.

Mina closed her eyes, swallowing her tears, and rose to the window.

Two more. Two more, Mina.

Find them.

Moving to her office, she pushed her files and took out a photo of the other two victims: George Hunt and Marc Phil. She saw their hideous faces again when they were on her.
The bell rang and she stuffed her photos in the drawer of her desk.

Opening her front door, she came upon her charming lieutenant who had kept her company last night. Still in his work uniform, a dark blue shirt with a tie and cap that made him adorable. His shirt tucked into his dark jeans, tightened at the waist by a leather belt where was his service weapon and other gadgets. He was holding a box from the Dominique Ansel Bakery.

"Hi," he simply said, with a smile on his lips.

Mina smiled and approached him, and removed the dust that was on his microphone, on his left shoulder.

"Did you finish your shift?" She ask questions when she let him in.

"No, I just wanted to come by and give you this," replied the lieutenant, handing out the snack box.

Surprise, she seized it and opened it. Four donuts sat inside and waited for only one thing, to be devoured. The brunette kept her hands off each other.

"Thank you," she smiles. "Investigation moving forward?"

"Yes and no, we were just able to do a sketch."

The brunette widened her eyes when she placed the box on the work surface.

"And?" She asked without turning to Chaeyoung.

"A small woman. That’s it…" sighed the younger behind her back. "We search for all the cameras and interrogate all the neighbors who were near the crime scene. I’m sure she’s a woman who wants revenge on something."

Noticing that she did not answer, he slipped behind her.

"You look sad."

"No," she smiles at him, grabbing his tie. "I just have a lot of work to do."

"I’ll leave you then if you want… Can you come to my place tonight? I admit that my apartment is not as pampering as yours, but…"

"The importance is not the place, Chae, but the person you’re with,” she says, pulling on Chaeyoung's tie to lower it.

He kissed her softly, his heart pounding.

"I have to go, I have a hearing in an hour," cut off Mina by looking at her watch. "I’ll text you and let you know when I get there."

"Okay, Esq. Myoui!"