Chapter-5💕

The banging of the door could be heard as it was opened forcefully by our abductors. I closed my eyes quickly, nearly blinded by the bright light. They were burning after being away from the light for most of the time. I heard them entering the vehicle and I refrained myself from shaking. They lingered for a few minutes. We counted the minutes they would take to find out about us. I shagged like a blasted balloon when their footsteps exited the vehicle. Jesse poked me when I kept my eyes closed for too long, afraid of them coming back.

"They left." She confirmed and then I opened my eyes.

They had left, shockingly leaving the door of the truck wide open. When my eyes finally adjusted in the light, I gasped, there were bodies laying around us. An involuntary shudder left me when I saw the sleeping forms of girls who were around our age. I huddled near Jesse who was mirroring mine expression, our faces frightened, as we stared at them.

"What are we gonna do Jesse.'' I whispered, staring at the poor girls. We were sure that what fate had for them or us was worse than we could imagine.

"I don't know. Are we going to accept what is to come." Jesse whimpered.

"Or we could run away from this horrible place or at least try to," I said hopefully as much as I could, completing her sentence.

"But what about them?" I spoke pointing to the girls. were we gonna leave them to their position or at least try to help them. But what could we even do? We were totally outnumbered and the girls were unconscious. But leaving them here, I couldn't bear it in my conscience.

"Or we can run and find the police or someone who could help us." Jesse's determined voice finalized it. Her sharp eyes dared me to argue about it. And I knew she was right. Maybe we should first secure ourselves to help them. Sitting here and doing nothing won't help us any more or to them.

So we formed a plan. We peeked out, eyeing our surroundings like a hawk searching for our captors but our sight caught no one. We evacuated the truck and crouched below. The road we were standing one looked familiar to me. It was the same road we took to enter the town, as in the middle of nowhere. My vision crowded long thick trees spread endlessly to the far fetched horizon.

I was puzzled for a bit. Where had they gone leaving us here or was it a trap? Had they known us we were awake so they set out to play with us. Was it some kind of sick play they were attempting to play with us for their own entertainment.

We both ran to the forest, hiding under the bush keeping an eye on them. We both didn't have phones with us. Maybe we could steal one from them. When I suggested it to her, she hissed at me. "Are you crazy? They will sedate us or worse, if they see us." I nodded at her. She was right. My impulsive ideas might lead up to our doom if we kept following through. The forest looked dangerous but not more than these people. I had heard that these forests were completely empty, left for some rabbits. Maybe we could go hiding inside these forests and wait for them to drive out of here. I tried to remember the number plate, to give the police some hints.

We quickly climbed to the nearby trees concealing us from them under those vast branches and flailing leaves when we heard some footsteps. They had finally returned from where they had gone. They were huffing, probably running to here. They were half naked, their faded old tattered jeans hanging loosely on their scrawny short body. I remembered one of them who had thrown water all over me, who would always visit my room to terrorize. They were rapidly talking with each other as they closed the door of the truck. The phone on one hand kept buzzing loudly which they ignored as they seemed to be arguing with each other.

I strained my ears in hope of hearing anything but couldn't get any worse out of them to leave for something like 'punishment or whatever'. One of them who seemed to be a leader came forward and shouted at his minions. They then quickly rounded the truck and climbed in as the truck engine reverted to life.

Just as I breathed a sigh of relief, Jesse slipped from the branch, her scream which she tried to muffled reached to those ears where it shouldn't have. The truck stopped as they bounded out of the vehicle looking for any kind of source of sound. Jesse was trying to balance herself on the branch but her hand couldn't hold much as she fell back on the ground, the leaves somewhat cushioning her harsh fall. Jesse whimpered as her panic filled eyes met mine. I couldn't leave her like that so I jumped on the ground alarming them of my presence too as they stared at us in shock. They were questioning each other through their eyes, they looked frightened for some reason. Taking advantage of their little distraction I ran to Jesse and began to pull her. She was limping from the fall but determined to not be found by them. We ran and ran but their thundering steps and shouting startled as we stopped to take a breath.

"I can't run anymore, Layla. I think you should go." she shook her head in defeat as i tried to force her to run. How could she think I could leave her here and save myself? I am not that selfish. I made Jesse climb the tree again, and by the time I was preparing to do the same, they had reached near us. They gave me their evil sick grin as they rounded near me. Jesse was somewhat concealed by those leaves so I did a single rational thing. I sprinted from there deep into the forest, surprising myself with the speed and the stamina on a hungry stomach.

The vast jungle was even more dense as I kept running. Little to no light reached here, all shadowed by the huge branches of tall trees. I kept hearing them shouting at me but without care I ran for my life. I didn't want to stop but I tripped on a branch and fell flat on the muddy ground. Blood poured out of my numerous cuts. I slumped back on the ground and finally resigned to my fate, when something happened, which I didn't know was good or bad.

A loud roar thundered through the forest vibrating the ground and silencing the captors. Their footsteps strayed away from me as they backed away afraid of whatever the thing was.

I couldn't breathe properly when I heard another roar a little too near for my liking. Tears sprang out my eyes, tears of frustrations, and fear, that gripped my heart twisting it, leaving me shaking from in and out.

****

Thankyou for reading this chapter. If you are enjoying my story so far, you can always vote and comment. <3

<I had posted this chapter few days back but due to weird Wattpad glitches, unedited version of this chapter kept getting published. I tried to do it right for so many times but it kept happening so I deleted the chapter and I am now publishing again. I hope this time it comes out right.>