Chapter-6💕

I lay on the ground like a log as I observed the sky crowded with tall trees, fluttering my eyes in order to stop myself from crying any further. My body was shivering violently from the unadulterated fear coursing through me at the thought of that thing, which I believed would seriously tear me apart, if I came in contact with it. My brow furrowed as I remembered them saying the forest was completely empty. If it was empty then what about that monstrous sound.

I stood up, startled when a growl reverted near me. The pain shot through my leg but I ambled around with my stinging knee, straining my ears. I couldn't have heard it wrong or did i?

I frowned at the trees. Everything looked the same. How was I going back? As I kept walking, I couldn't gauge the direction. I kept questioning myself if I was moving out of the forest or going deep inside. The birds chirped in the distance, the cold wind flaunting my thin scrape of gown as chills creeped on my arms. My eyes widened as I heard sounds of water running in the distance. Suddenly my thirst for water came vehemently and my stomach rumbled with hunger.

I tried to walk quickly ignoring the pain as I got a sight of a small stream ahead of me. I splashed some cold water on my mud caked face and dipped my foot in the running water enjoying the feel of it. I pulled out some leaves from my bird-nest hair. The image staring back at me in the river made me gasp in horror. I never thought I would find myself in such a state or like this situation. I scoffed at the thought that I had when I was starting my life here. I thought it was a new beginning but surprisingly it turned out worse.

I started to stand when deep in the forest the birds squeaked loudly, the flapping of the wings could be heard as they flew away. An eerie silence filled the area. Everything in me churned with worry. Goosebumps aroused in my body as I got a feeling that I was being watched. I took a step with a stone lodged in my heart, I refrained myself from bolting out of there which wasn't seriously possible in my state.

The snapping of the twig pulled my attention to the bush a few feet away. I swallowed as my heart hammered in my ribcage. I sighed, It was over. They had found me or worse was waiting on my fate. My attention was solely focused on the bush when- someone creeped behind me and I shot myself away from them, nearly falling on the ground if not for a pair of warm arms that prevented me from crashing on the ground.

I looked at my captor to see a pair of warm green eyes filled with worry. He wasn't my previous captor but he could be worse, but the reassuring gleam I found in his eyes fooled me to believe that he was my savior, which I dearly believed before the exhaustion hit me, and my fatigued eyes closed in their own accord.

The light murmurs made their way to my ears as I breathed in a heavenly scent of cheese filling my nostrils. Noise of light footsteps made their way to me when I struggled to sit up on the soft cushioned bed. A short young girl stood up in front of me. She was in a maid outfit and was calling someone panicky as she came to assist me to sit.

The room I was in was small with a light pastel painted wall where numerous family pictures hung on them. This girl was in most of them. Confusion raked me while I struggled to remember how I came to be here. A short woman who had the same facial features as the girl entered the room with a tray of hot soup. She smiled as she neared me. She must be her mother, I assumed.

She held the bowl and encouraged me to eat it. When I hesitated, she gave me the warmest smile I had been given in a long time. Without question I finished it whilst they stood up there, watching me.

They weren't being creepy but instead they seemed to be sympathetic and considerate.

"Where am I?" I asked as the young girl collected the bowl and handed me some warm water to drink.

"You are in our master's home. My son found you bruised and bleeding in the jungle when he was passing through it, so he brought you here to us----" She said when suddenly everything that happened to me came in a rush. I gasped as I remembered Jesse. I really hoped she was okay and somehow she had found a means to communicate with her mother.

"What happened? Are you okay?'' the young girl asked me. Her mother also looked worried. I started to say something when the boy who saved me came barreling to the room. He was huffing and puffing as he muttered fearfully.

"He is pissed off again and flying around the palace in circles, breathing fire from his anger."

They all looked at me.

"oh no." The older woman muttered.

I looked at them dumb trying to understand what they were saying. Was it a code language or something like that. They roused with fear when they heard another powerful roar. They talked about a bunker or something .Chaos formed in the room when the same roar I had heard in that forest shook the room followed by a little earthquake, rattling the windows. I jumped in fear as my stomach plummeted to the ground.

'What the hell is even happening in my life?'

                                                                                   ****

So, how was this chapter guys?? 

Love you xoxo. ❤❤