Chapter-1💕

Few days before,

I crushed the dead rose in my hand. When I opened my hands again, they were colored red with my blood. I pulled out the thorn sticking on my palms. My hands were shaking as I clutched the photograph to my heart, tears streaming my cheeks.

I missed them.

I couldn't believe it had been two years. Two years since my life changed for the worse. Two years and not even a single day goes by without their memories plaguing my thoughts.

Sometimes it's too much, too much to take the next step, too much to take the next breath. My heart was always in pain.

Now I was full-on sobbing as I recalled our every beautiful moment, those best days. I cried with every tear that remained in my eyes. My eyes were dried up but my mourning wasn't finished yet.

It was the same state my best friend found me in. Jesse gathered me in a hug as I cried on her shoulders. She kept saying to me it was going to be okay but would it ever? Time will tell.

"I am so excited and now we will have enough to buy our favorite clothes and bags. John brought a designer bag for us. You want to see it." I tuned out of Jesse's excited ramblings. I was in no mood.

My godmother, who was Jesse's mother, had shacked up with a rich millionaire and they were going to get married in the coming summer. So that's why we were moving to a new town to god knows where. I hated it, I hated leaving this beloved place where I was born and raised. This place holds my ought most memories but as I was in her care till i turned eighteen which i would be in a couple of months, so I had to move with them.

I glanced at my bff Jesse who was rambling happily about all the possibilities the future held for us. She was happy that we were finally getting the life she always dreamed of. But I was happier in our old trailer .Moving out to a new place was surely a refreshment but something I didn't want. I had so many memories from this town that kept me going through my hard days but it also kept reminding me of the things I would never have. I packed my new clothes, leaving my old tattered ones behind as I was leaving my old simple life for the new one.

Maybe the new life would surprise me.

"Girls hurry up." Rebecca, my Godmother shouted from the living room.

We loaded our luggage in the trunk as we waited for John, Rebecca's fiancé to come outside. John started the engine as we put on our seat belts.

"You ready girls, for the new beginnings." Rebecca turned to us from her front seat smiling honestly towards her daughter and me. That felt weird, we were behaving like a happy complete family, but it was not unwelcome..

We blurred past the cheap houses as we drove to the crowded, richer area of the town. We crossed the welcome sign pointing to our small town, where our town ended and another start .A slight heaviness settled on my heart. The good memories I made here would always be there with me, but this was life and I know they would always be with me in my thoughts, my memories, and my heart no matter where I went. And anyway i had to go on, life had to go on.

We boarded a flight to the next state and then we had to travel for six hours by car. I sighed gazing at the vast trees surrounding my peripheral. We were traveling through dense forest, it felt like going through a tunnel, only little light was passing through these huge branches.

"Finally." Jess roused from her sleep as we saw some small houses scattered around the road. After going for an hour we found ourselves in a crowded town. I wore my jacket as it got colder.

The town was nestled at the heart of a hill surrounded by dense forest. I was truly mesmerized by the beauty of the town. The spacious road was less crowded and the natural beauty adorned the surroundings. Beautiful wildflowers grew everywhere and the town contained a lot of beautiful green parks.

As we cross the town main street, we move to a less crowded area, to the gated community where we parked outside an elegant big white house. A butler ran to us as we exited the car. My eyes widened, exactly how rich was this man? I mean he had said he was a millionaire but it was really hard to comprehend that we would now be living here, living this life. It felt um....fake? Jesse and Rebecca looked excitedly to the house, happiness shining in those pale blue eyes of both mother and daughter.

We were shown the rooms. I chose a simple room at the end of the hallway. The walls were painted blue as the set of expensive furniture was settled on the wooden floor. The corners of the room were adorned with flowers. There was a small balcony overlooking the beautiful scenery.

First time in several months, I was feeling some kind of satisfaction. I felt I could spend hours and hours on that balcony painting those beautiful mountains. Suddenly I wanted to paint, so when I was opening my old box of discarded brushes there was a knock on the door.

"Yes."

"It's me, why have you locked your room?" Jesse asked from outside the door.

I quickly shoved my old box into my suitcase as I opened the door for her.

"Your room is cool but you know what? I have the best bathroom in the house. Like a huge tub and all. Did you check your wardrobe? " She strutted to my closet, opening it excitedly.

There were dozens of beautiful dresses of every size, even my inner wears that completely fitted me. That weirded me out a bit. And not to tell you this looked too expensive. I gasped when I noticed the price range.

"Cool isn't it?" Jesse squealed, bouncing on my queen-sized bed.

More like weird. I forced a smile on my face trying to match her own. I didn't know why but I felt a little strange. Maybe it was just me.

But I remembered something someone said to me before.

More sugar can be bitter sometimes.

************************************

How was this chapter?

Thank you for reading it and making my day.❤

If you like this chapter, you can always vote and comment.

I hope you have a good day. 💚💙💛

********************************

And if you like reading spicy reverse harem paranormal romance you can check out my another book "Mirror Mirror" I have just started that novel . And i really want to write that novel but there is no read there so i just don't get an motivation to write that. Please if you like reverse harem 18+ romance go checkout that book so i can continue that book. Please help me and support me.💔💔