Chapter-2💕

Jesse jumped on my bed throttling me, waking me up from my peaceful sleep.

"Jess stop." I mumbled, pushing her hand away, irritated at her antics.

"But..it's our first day, I don't want to get late on my first day." She sighed, scooting closer to me as I shifted away from her.

I opened my eyes and glanced at my bedside clock. It was 6 in the morning. I was not a morning person by any means neither was Jesse, maybe the excitement and anxiousness of starting a new college had her waking up so early. I covered my face with the blanket attempting to take a nap but Jesse practically screaming in my ears made it impossible enough. I sighed and got out of my bed scowling at Jesse, who looked triumphantly pleased as she scrambled to her room.

Wrapping myself in a white robe I made my way to my closet to choose my outfit for school when there was a knock at my door. John's voice came from outside as I halted in the middle of opening the door, thinking it was Jesse at first.

"Layla, we are leaving in 20 minutes, will you be ready by that time?" He asked me.

"Yeah, sure," I answered him, hurrying to my dressing table to blow dry my hair. As I made my way to the dinner table, I saw Jesse already ready wearing a Cami top and jeans which she paired with a long brown coat, her hair styled in curls. She was chewing her chocolate-dipped bread, I scrunch my nose at that. This girl loved chocolate too much.

Jesse smiled at me as I scooped some cereals and practically inhaled all the food on the table. Yesterday, I barely ate anything. The mixed feelings I was getting as well as the increasing anxiousness was making me nauseous, I couldn't sleep and when I closed my eyes, Jesse woke me up.

She gave my outfit, a plain hoodie, white straight pants, and my loosely bound hair a once over. She squinted her eyes at me, giving me a look. I knew that look. She was probably planning to do my makeover. "At least wear some concealer." She murmured, noticing my dark circles.

I shrugged. I wasn't a fan of makeup but I loved wearing some eyeliner and blush. Jesse put on some concealer on my face and a coat of mascara on my eyelashes. I viewed my camera mirror, it looked natural and I felt pretty enough. I smiled at Jesse who grinned back.

"I always got your back boo." She winked as she applied a layer of pink lip-gloss on my lips.

We drove in John's white Porsche to the college which was at least an hour away from where we were residing. The hillside college was surrounded by large oak trees. John dropped us at the gate and didn't even wait for a second before he raced out of there.  As we crossed the gate we were  immediately struck by the sheer expanse of the campus. The main building rose like a fortress in the distance, there was a big parking lot at our left where I could see dozens and dozens  expensive looking car-I didn't know the names but could recognize most of it. 

We didn't see most students outside, maybe because we did came a little too early. We marched towards the main building, the cobblestone path added a decorative touch to the campus landscape. I was already little bit panting when I entered the hall and reached office. That was a long walk which I wasn't used to regularly. Maybe I should start running or at least should take a little walks from now on, my stamina in comparison to anyone even Jessi who always complains- even now complaining,  didn't look a bit fazed and here I was who said 'she would love to hike' is panting  as if  I ran a marathon or something. 

 We got our schedule from the office and warm welcoming smile from the lady, maybe the secretary of here. Although I was thinking of majoring in sociology and Jessi in communications, we both do have some classes together, electives and we selected same ones-psychology and environmental sociology.