Chapter 1: First Day

Allison's POV

"Allison! Wake up, you're gonna be late!" She knocked on the door a few times before going downstairs.

"I'm awake!" I groaned. I opened my eyes and checked the time on my nightstand. 'Damn, it's still 6:30 am.'  I still have a few hours left before class starts. I got up and took a shower. I threw on a maroon loose sweater and black skinny jeans. I dried my hair, put it on a messy bun, grabbed my phone, and put on my glasses since I wasn't comfortable wearing contact lenses today, and then I went downstairs.

"Good morning, Mom," I kissed her cheek before sitting.

"Good morning. Your sister had to leave early to get the school opening program ready for today." I nodded and she handed me my plate with eggs and bacon. "Any thoughts on joining the Student Council yet?" 

There she is, again. Always pressuring me to join the council. 

I sighed, "Mother, we talked about this. And besides, I don't think I'm suited for the whole being an officer part." I spoke in a low voice. I don't want to disappoint her because she's the Counselor of our school.

"I believe in you sweetie, but don't you want to have experience and memories before you--" I know she's right, but I'm just not suited. I am a mess. I can't do it. "Okay, I understand." She noticed me spacing out. "I'm not forcing you, okay? As a mother, I just want you to have more memories before you graduate." 

As of now, I'm still a sophomore, mom.

She patted my back and gave me a smile, "Now, finish your food and brush your teeth then we'll head to school together."

~

I just walked around the campus, since it was announced that classes will start tomorrow instead of today to give the freshmen some time to explore the school. 'How thoughtful.' Ever since my older sister was elected as the President of the Student Council, the school's activities were even more memorable and fun. Everyone loved her. I could never compare to that. I was pulled out from my thoughts when someone hugged me from behind.

"Hey, Ally! Good morning!" I looked at Audrey smiling widely, and she stood in front of me breathing heavily. I assumed she ran to catch up to me. "So, what do you think of our work?" She was referring to the banners and colorful balloons and other decorations around the campus.

"Magnificent. It looks like you're throwing a party for the lgbtq+." I chuckled, and she playfully punched my arm, pouting. "Good work," I said.

"Thank you." I was about to walk away but then she spoke. "Oh and before you go, can you come by to the office later? After the program? Mom called for you." 

"Alright, see you there."

~