Chapter 22: Whispers and Kisses

Allison's POV

"I am so frustrated," she whined.

I laughed, "Come on, chemistry is not that bad,"

"Come help me?" she looked at me and tilted her head as she held the tip of her pencil on her lips.

I don't know if she was doing this on purpose to tease me or what. She said it the other day, she liked how red I would get whenever teases me. This is already bullying.

I gulped, "Uh..."

I have been hanging out with Cadence for the past few weeks and let's just say it's getting kind of... How should I say this...? Flirty. There were also a lot of gay panicking too... I was a complete mess. Whatever she is doing, well, It's too much for me. I held back so many times, I don't know what to do anymore.

I mean, I'm not that dense, though. I know the difference when she's being flirty or not. I'm really glad Samuel and her ended on good terms, or else it would get very awkward in our friend circle.

I stood up from my seat and went to hers, then I started to explain everything. I saw how she looked more frustrated than before. And at this rate, I could tell she was about to throw hands.

I grabbed her shoulder, "Well, maybe chemistry can be really complicated sometimes but it's fun."

"Fun? How can you find something that's very complicated 'fun'?!"

"Woah! Calm down! Maybe that's enough studying for today. Let's go get ice cream," I laughed nervously. I patted her back as she massaged the bridge of her nose.

We started to walk out of the library, and I noticed something was wrong. But before I could ask, she spoke.

"I'm going to flunk chemistry." She sighed, "I'm sorry, I just suck."

She didn't suck at chemistry. It's the topic that made it difficult and harder for her to understand.

"Hey, it's going to be fine."

"Yeah, it's not like you're going to tutor me or something," she laughed.

I thought of it for a moment, "I mean, that wouldn't be a problem."

Woah, what? Did I just say that without any hesitation? 

Do I really have it bad?

"What?" She stopped walking, leaving her a few steps behind, staring at me in shock.

I looked back, "Yes. I could tutor you," I'm not particularly against of the idea, so why not?

She smiled half-heartedly, "Ally, I was only joking. You're probably too busy and besides, there are other important things you should put your focus on."

"Well, true but I'm not that busy and I can make time for you," I mean it.

I saw her blushed and I mentally screamed because of how adorable she looked right now. "So, what do you say?" I said.

"Are you sure?"

I nodded, "You're quite a handful but I would gladly do it. Now, let's go get ice cream," I grabbed her hand and began to head out of school.

For some reason, she fell silent.

I asked her, "Are you okay?"

"Oh yeah, I am. But uh..." She looked at our hands that were still intertwined with each other.