Chapter 19: my bestfriend's girl

Listen to "my ex's best friend" by Machine Gun Kelly because why not? It slaps NGL. Wrote this while listening to it.

Allison's POV

As soon as I got inside the library, I immediately made my way to my favorite spot to where it was secluded. I sat down on the floor and leaned against the shelf. I sighed and grabbed a random book to read. I was ready to read the book after reading the summary.

I honestly didn't even understand the summary. I just needed to calm my mind and waste time since I skipped and can't be seen otherwise. I might as well stay here and wait until class hours are over. I was hoping that there wouldn't be any interruptions. But I was mistaken until I noticed someone showed up, staring at me with wide eyes that showed concern.

Seeing her without Samuel by her side made me soft, and hell it even made me forget why I was even mad in the first place. Wait, why was I even mad in the first place?

That's when I realized I was never mad at her. I was mad because they were dating. I was jealous and will always be. I obviously wasn't in the mood earlier, and since Samuel is dumb, he couldn't tell, then proceeded to piss me off by asking stupid questions. I just hope you get lose streaks in Fortnite for the rest of the month, you fucking dumbass.

But I can't blame him really. It was my fault I didn't realize my feelings sooner.

I shook my head and looked at her, "Mind telling me the reason why you're here?"

She exhaled a deep breath, "God, I thought you were mad."

"Well, I am," I replied. I am? I've calmed already. "Was."

"You sure?"

"Yes."

She took a few steps towards me, tilted her head, and whispered, "Can I sit beside you?"

I just nodded. She smiled and sat beside me, and when she suddenly leaned over to see what book I was reading, I panicked.

"What are you doing?"

"What book is that?"

"Uh..." I flipped it over to see the cover, "It's called 'Will Grayson, Will Grayson' by John Green,"

"What's it about?" This time she leaned even closer. So close, I could smell her perfume, and I couldn't respond because of the panic I am experiencing right now. When I say panic, I meant gay. Gay Panic. "Allison?"

"Huh? Oh, right. Right," I cleared my throat and started, "So, the story is about two teenagers who share the same name, which is Will Grayson... The other Will Grayson isn't straight, so it's kind of a lgbt+ story."

I started explaining the summary of the story, and it was so hard to concentrate. I couldn't even stop stammering and it's a little embarrassing because she finds it cute.

"Why are you stammering?" She laughed, "This is the first time I've heard you stammered." 

I joked, "Well, you should be honored because you're actually one of the few people who have heard me stammering like crazy."

"Really?"

"No."

She made a face, and we laughed.

I know it's illegal to laugh in the library, but I love seeing her smile. Her being happy made me fall in love in so many ways especially when I'm the reason, but I doubt that this would ever happen again. I don't understand this anymore. I want to see her happy with Samuel, even if my heart aches against it.