Chapter 6: My Knee Hurts

Allison's POV

That staring contest we had back there was deadass hilarious. Her reaction was priceless. I could actually make her feel nervous under my stare. Do I really have that effect on everyone? Maybe but I refuse to believe it. I just find that impossible.

That moment between Samuel and Cadence earlier resurfaced. I didn't really care about his love life or crushes. As long as he's happy because of course, Samuel's my best friend but when I saw them together, I felt like I needed to bother them yet I didn't understand why.

"Allison?" I snapped back to reality when she called and realized we were in the classroom already. "Were you listening?" She asked.

"Oh, yeah. I was." I blinked twice. "I'm sorry but what was it about again?"

"Yeah, sure you were listening." She said sarcastically. "So, I was saying-" She was cut off because the teacher arrived already. "Maybe later, I guess." Then we took our seats.

I got curious but I still focused on listening to the discussion. It felt like hours already when it was still 4 minutes in. I took out my notes and pencil and just scribbled all over it while waiting for the other students to arrive. Then suddenly the teacher spoke.

"Okay, I'm sure all of you prefer painting than doing essays or quizzes so I'm gonna let you pick your partners for an activity." He started calling students. "So, Gilbert, you start. Pick your partner."

"I'd like to um... Partner up with..." He started to look around after he stood up and we made eye contact. I knew what was going to come out of his mouth and before he could speak, I glared at him. "I- I'd like to partner up with Denise, please." The teacher nodded and he sat down.

"Next, Larson." The teacher said.

"Cadence." He smiled at Cadence and she looked up. She awkwardly smiled at him and nodded and I swore she glanced at me.

I'm kind of bummed out but I'm not sure why. Maybe because I wasn't partnered with her and- Wait, I did not just think that. I'm fine with whoever she gets partnered with. I don't mind. Really.

"Next, Matthews." The teacher looked at me. I stood and looked around. I found Cadence looking at me but I looked away and figured out who I wanted to work with. "Sir, I'd like to work with Nathalie, please." Then he nodded. I looked at Nathalie before sitting I smiled at her but she just rolled her eyes. I laughed at her immaturity.

Nathalie and I were like a thing back then but I ended things between us because she admitted she was cheating on me because I didn't give her enough attention, which was true. We were on good terms though. She's still salty about the break-up but still, we're friends. I think?

When everyone was done choosing, the teacher told us to sit beside our partners. I glanced at where Cadence was sitting and it seems like they were talking about something funny 'cause they were giggling. I sighed and sat beside Nath.

"So, I have to work with you?" She crossed her arms.

"Yeah, so?" I replied. She just groaned and rolled her eyes.

"I'd rather just answer those quizzes than work with you. Why the fuck did you even choose me as your partner for this project?" She loudly whispered.

"Are you still salty about the breakup? I thought you were cool about it already?" I said and she didn't reply. "This should be a great opportunity for us to get along."