Chapter 31: Maniac

Trigger Warning. This chapter mentions Sexual Assault and other things related to that.(This chapter takes place in the Present where Allison left off but in Cadence's Perspective)

Cadence's Perspective

It was already quarter to 8 in the evening. I was overthinking the hell out of my mind. I haven't seen Allison yet. She hasn't answered me as well. I was so worried.

I couldn't take it anymore so I tried to find Audrey. Luckily, when I was on my way to the office, she was talking with her friend. Her name was Jean.

"Audrey, hi," I pursed my lips.

"Hello!" Audrey smiled at me, "Do you need something?"

"Actually, I just wanted to ask If you've seen Allison by any chance?"

"Yeah, she's in cabin number twelve," she sighed, "She wasn't herself earlier, I'm not really sure why cause she wouldn't tell me. She just approached me and asked for a bunch of paperwork. But yeah, please do check on her," she winked at me, "She might be sleeping."

"Is she sick?" I asked.

She shrugged, "Nope, I think she's just tired. She's been avoiding people since this morning."

I nodded, "Thank you, Audrey."

~

Cabin twelve.

I was kind of scared. I already knocked but I was nervous. I was startled when she opened the door. I wanted to pull her in for a hug and kiss. But I hesitated because I knew she wasn't in the mood for that. She gestured for me to come in and I asked her if she was okay. I told her that it was okay if she couldn't tell me. I wanted her to know that I'll be beside her. Her breathing was stable now, and I wanted to talk about what happened earlier.

I took a deep breath, "That girl earlier was my ex."

I needed to clear up things. I wanted her to know what was the deal with Avery and that nothing was really going on between us now. But I got interrupted when I wasn't even done explaining. I didn't even get to the part where I rejected Avery when my phone rang, then I immediately knew who it was.

I looked at Allison and she just raised a single brow, "You should answer that."

I shook my head and declined the call. I was about to continue but my phone rang again. I cursed and stood up to head out the door to answer it but I was greeted by the caller herself. I wanted to tell Avery to—

"Go fuck yourself. What do you think you're doing?"

She scoffed, "What? Are you mad that I interrupted your make-out session with your girlfriend?" then laughed, "How was it?"

"You're disgusting," I said. "What do you want?"

"I want you to come back to me," she glared at me.

"You really are out of your mind," I laughed. "I don't want to. That's it."

"That's not the answer I wanted to hear," she scoffed. Did she really think that I'd take her back?

We were both startled by the door. I watched as Allison just walked past me. I asked, "Where are you going?"

Her replies were sarcastic and short. It made me feel frustrated. This is all Avery's fault.