Chapter 14: Ideal Type

Cadence's POV

"Anyway, let's just join them." She said, leaving me behind. I turned around and followed her. I took a seat and looked at Allison on the other side of the table, whispering something to her sister.

'Is she okay?'

I was worried. Maybe, she wasn't feeling well? Does her head hurt?

"So, I am assuming you were all friends before all of this?" Allison's sister asked.

"No, we only met today," Lucas giggled as he responded. "I'm Lucas. A pleasure to meet you." He smiled.

"I'm Caleb, Cadence's brother," My brother also introduced himself.

"I'm Elijah, but you can call me Eli!" Elijah said. "That over there is my older sister, Jaymes," He pointed at Jaymes.

"I can introduce myself without your help, thank you." She glared at him. Elijah just laughed.

"My name is Charlotte!" She introduced.

Charlotte is the youngest amongst all of us. Elijah was older than Charlotte by a year or something. At least that was what Jaymes said earlier.

"My name is Audrey Matthews," She replied, "and this is my sister, Allison."

Allison smiled at them and went back to minding her own business.

She was clearly not in the mood at the moment, I didn't want to bother.

"Yay, new friends!" Charlotte said, then we all laughed. "I'm glad I came along to this trip."

After a few minutes of talking about some random stuff, Lucas spoke.

"Do you guys want to go exploring? I want to hike," Lucas stood up, smiling.

"Yeah, let's go."

"That's a good idea," We stood up, grabbed our things, and started to walk.

"Where are you all going?" Lucas's mom asked. The moms also looked at us.

"We're going for a walk! We'll be back!" He replied, then we left the campground.

Lucas and Audrey were on the lead. They both loved nature, while Caleb and Jaymes were talking about something else. Charlotte and Elijah also walked together, talking about science and stuff.

Me and Allison? We were quiet. I was walking a few steps behind her. She was taking pictures of everyone, the trees, the bridge, and everything else. She looked so happy.

The silence was killing me.

"I didn't know you like photography," I spoke first, looking at her.

She turned around and looked at me with no emotion, which led me to wonder why, but she responded, "There's a lot of things you don't know about me."

Is she mad at me? I don't know what that was supposed to mean, but okay.

"Hey, you two!" Lucas called. I realized they were all gathered on the bridge. We walked towards them.

"Let's take a picture," Audrey suggested. She then walked towards a person we didn't know and politely asked him if he could take a picture of us, and thankfully, the person happily agreed.