Chapter 2: The caretaker

Hey peps,I think you would want to listen to Lovely by Billie Eilish ft Khalid💕

_______________

I slept peacefully that night,really I did. I woke up just as the sun set the next day because the sun rays shone brightly into my face,I just had to wake up.

It surprised me though,that I was able to have a good night's sleep. No nightmares,no 'in bed panic attacks' ,I just slept, peacefully. I went into the kitchen to make some coffee for myself,I really needed coffee!.

That's when it hit me,the person who would come and take care of me at home would be coming today. All of a sudden my morning was ruined!. I put the coffee down and went to take a shower. I hate when the water runs from my hair to my feet,it makes me feel like the water was washing my sins and my uncleanliness away and for some reason,I didn't like that. I really loved the bath tub but Mrs Jean had them take it out after I tried to practically drown myself in it one day. So now I just fill a bucket with water and I bath. It's lame, that's for sure but at least it safe,I guess.

I got out of the shower,put on some clothes,looked at miserable self in the mirror for fifteen minutes straight.
I got out of my room then I take my anti depressant 'meds'. Now I wait,I wait for the care taker.

While I wait,I take out my journal. You see,my journals are my most precious possessions. I've had a lot of journals over the past ten years. I pour my heart out into them. It's like the only person I could talk to is paper!,funny Huh?.

And in case you're wondering,I do have friends,I say Friends but they're just people I hang out with when I'm bored you know,or at least I used to hang out with them. Mrs Jean says their bad influence is a contributing factor to my rising suicidal tendencies.
I mean,she may be right,the guys I hang out with aren't exactly the best kind of association but at least we have stuff in common; we're all 'socially awkward-rejected weirdos'. Mostly we just get together,party,get high and do anything we can to ease some tension!. That's how I met William,Will for short. He's my boyfriend, we've been dating for like two years now I guess. I'm not going to lie,he's not exactly the best boyfriend there is in the world. He and I are codependent at best and toxic at worst. It's the toxic part that made Mrs Jean drive him away.
After that,after losing all the people I knew,I just felt empty ,sort of. That's really why and how Mrs Jean began to bring care takers to the house but they haven't exactly been helpful.

The first care taker, Britney,was nice,for a while until she got tired of me and then it seemed like she didn't care anymore so I took a drug overdose on her watch and Mrs Jean fired her.
Next to come was Taffy,she was sweet,I guess. She was honest too,that's one thing I liked about her though but she kept invading my private space and literally took over my own house,she played loud music all the time and it was frustrating, especially when I had a bad day. So oneday,I did have a bad day and she was annoying me,so I attempted to hang myself,Mrs Jean was the one who came to find me,I knew she was coming,it's why I did it. Annoyed,she sent Taffy right out the door.
Then Riley came,we all know how that ended.
It's not like I don't want to accept the help they're offering,I just don't want they're pity! I want them to actually care!. I mean you know I could take poison or harmful drugs anytime,I figure,If you really cared,you would get rid of all the harmful drugs but all they do is tell me not to take them. Ropes are lying all about and it's like none of them were ever even bothered!.
Whoever was coming now would probably go out just the same way they came in so I wasn't really bothered about their arrival.

It was noon,the doorbell rang,I went to get it.
"Yes?" I answered the door.
"Excuse me,are you Billie Harper?" The guy at the door asked. He looked young,really young and he had a bat and a mask on his face so I just presumed he was a salesman.
"Whatever you have,I'm not interested,good day!" I said and I slammed the door right in his face!.

A few minutes later,the bell rang again.
"Whoever it is had better have a good reason for disturbing my peace otherwise-" I opened the door to see the same guy form earlier
"Hi Billie,I'm Cole,Cole Ford,your new care taker" he said.
"Wait what?!" I asked. All my caretakers had been women so it didn't occur to me that this brown haired,blue eyed,cute hot guy could be a caretaker. He still had his mask on but I could tell he was pretty good looking.
"That's right missus,i am your new watchdog" he said and let himself in.

He took off his mask off and it turned out I was right!. He had blur eyes, brown hair that had  black roots,he had Bucky teeth but it suited him,his voice was annoying but sweet, somehow,I thought.

_______________
Hey y'all, we're off to a good start aren't we?!. Kindly spread the word. And trust me,you WILL love this book!.

Nketia💕