Chapter 12: Progress.

Hey peps,listen to Holy by Justin Bieber. It's a nice song😹😚.

"Okay Billie,I think it's time we both made some mature choices here." He said.
"Yeah,you're right." I replied
"So,I'll speak to Mrs Jean and have her change your therapists,give you ones that can actually help you recover and Reginald would definitely be one of them!" He said and I laughed.
"Well,that's good." I replied.
"Really? You would see the therapists now?" He asked.
"Of course. After speaking with you the other day,it felt like I lifted a huge load off my chest,it's why I'm so happy these days and I think I'm ready to back into therapy." I said and smiled.
"Well,I guess my milkshakes worked,Huh?" He joked.
"Oh no,they're the worst!" I said.
"Oh yeah, incoming!" He laughed.

We had a pillow fight that night. It's something I never thought I'd ever have or do. He threw pillows at him and I threw even more at him. Cole had become an important person and an important part of my life to me and I appreciated his company. I just didn't want romantic feelings to get involved,ever!. Friendships can be wonderful but when romance sets in,it gets even more wonderful but just as much complicated and that way,you'd lose your friend and your love and I never wanted to lose Cole.

"Don't worry,you won't lose me. But I can't promise you." He said when I expressed my thoughts to him.
"Why not?" I asked.
"Because,Billie, relationships are wonderful but very unpredictable,so is life. I can sit here and promise to be with you forever as your best friend but I'll never know what life has in store for me or you. Let's just keep eachother until whatever happens,happens but I can assure you,I'll always care for you!" He explained.
"Ooh,who knew you were such a philosopher."I said and we laughed.
"Wait,did you say best friend?" I asked and he smiled. "I like that,I love it!" I exclaimed. "But you're also my only friend,so.." I said.
"Well let's fix that then!" Cole said.
"What?" I asked.
"Let's get you new friends or at least reconnect with your old ones?" Cole proposed.
"Uhmm.." I was confused.
"Billie!,it's decided! We're going to meet everyone you've ever known and we'll see if we can reconnect!,no buts,it's decided!" He said.

I wanted to disagree but I couldn't. I guess a part of me wanted to reconnect with the world outside. Could you blame me? I'm gonna after all. Human beings,we might not admit it,but we need eachother to survive. We need someone who we can just talk to,we need a sense of belonging,to belong to someone or something!. But regardless of  whatever we may say or do,we need eachother to survive!.

"We'll go after you therapy sessions tomorrow!" He declared.
"Okay!." I said "wait,I'll go in for therapy,what are you going to be doing the whole day? Huh?" I asked him.
"I dunno" he said. "But I'm sure I'll just eat and sleep the whole day!"
"Boring!" I said and laughed. "Come with me then. You don't have to come inside the room with me but to the therapists' office at least. They have amazing WiFi" I tried to convince him
"And free food" .
"Yup,I'm coming!" He said.

We ate popcorn and watched a lot of movies that night. Eventually,we just drifted into sleep on the couch.

The next Morning,we woke up and prepared for the day ahead of us. We had breakfast and set off to where my fist therapist worked. She's the one who  helps me get over my cravings!. Food,drugs and other stuff. I spent a solid two hours with her!. It was the longest I'd ever gone in with a therapist but I admit,it was worth it. Then we went to Reginald. He just helped me navigate through the pool of my emotions and make sense of everything I was feeling. That was it,two therapy sessions a day!. Then I went to the Psychiatrist where my brain was examined and they said a lot of other things,whatever,I thought.

I was eager for the day to end so I could spend my time with my best friend. I was glad because he was there with me throughout the day. He went with me from place to place and tried his best to make me feel happy so my thoughts don't get the better of me again.

We arrived home a couple of hours after noon and my first thought was food. I ate anything I layed my hands on in the kitchen.

"When are we going for Friend-hunting ?" I asked him.
"After I take some rest. All that moving around really got me stressed out!" He said.

I teased him for being lazy and we laughed it off. We both decided to take a nap because Cole said we would stay out late. He fell asleep in the bedroom and I fell asleep in the couch.

During therapy with Reginald,I spoke about my traumatic experiences. It wasn't very pleasant but I did all I could to let my heart out and it seems his talk did some good work because now I felt much better.

But then what is this shadow I see in front of me? Whose Shadow was it? It didn't look like Cole's. Cole? I called out. No response. Who is it? I asked. Then the shadow grew bigger, indicating that whoever it was was getting closer. The the person appeared. It was my father! He came running towards me with a bottle of beer in his hand! He began to chase me and I screamed. I screamed loudly.

_________________
Sometimes all someone really needs is support. Care. They need to know that we care about them. They need to know we'll be there when they fall. That alone ,is enough to bring someone out of their world of pain.

Nketia💕