four

JANGMI

Tears brimmed involuntarily in my eyes at the sight of Yoon SeYeon. How was it that nearly 7 years had passed since that time and my heart ached just the same. If not more, now.

He looked happy in this picture. So happy. And not the happy he pretended to be for his fans after he debuted.

SeYeon was always charismatic and cheery externally even if internally he was falling apart at the seams.

Looking back on things, I can distinguish between the times that he pretended to be fine and the times when he actually was. Yet somehow, when he was alive, I simply took his word at let myself be convinced that however he said he was feeling was the truth of the matter.

Of course, then, I was only 14. But somehow, still, I believed everything could have turned out differently if I'd only been more observant.

"How do you know SeYeon?"

I jumped at the voice behind me. It's deep tone reverberated throughout the rooms as the echoes bounced off of the walls. I guess it must have been made this way to enhance the sound of the music (though now it only served to enhance my surprise).

"It's... It's not important -"

"- Yes it is." SeoJun insisted. "It's very important. So tell me how you know him."

"I don't." I said, my voice small, and incredibly unconvincing.

"You don't?" He asked, earning a nod in response from me. "Well then why does looking at that picture make you react..." He paused, taking another step forward and placing his thumb to my cheek, catching one of the tears as it fell and holding the droplet up before my eyes. "... like this?"

Audibly gulping I sat the picture back down where I had found it, racking through my mind for any excuse under the sun that was imaginable. "W-well... doesn't everyone know Yoon SeYeon? I'm guessing you two were friends before he debuted judging by the photo but your friend is very famous SeoJun. Doesn't everyone in Korea know him?" Laughing nervously I tucked a piece of hair behind my ears, a bad habit I'd picked up of religiously carrying out each time I lied significantly. Almost without exception.

"My tears are just those of... a fangirl, that's all."

SeoJun didn't seem to trust my words at all. But he didn't ask me anymore. Instead looking over to the open door behind him.

"How did you get in here?" He asked. "I always leave this door locked."

"Really?" I replied. "It wasn't when I came in."

Now this really was truthful. SeoJun seemed the type to be forgetful so I was sure he'd just left it open without realising. Either that or a cleaner and come and forgot to close it after. He did say he'd been gone for a week after all.

Without speaking SeoJun grabbed my arm and pulled me out of the room, closing the door behind him and, this time, making sure to lock it up. As he was turning the key I noticed our proximity. My back was pressed against the wooden panel behind me and directly in front of me was SeoJun who had one hand still holding my arm tightly and the other brushing against my waist to reach the door lock.