nine

JANGMI

"Your phone was ringing like crazy a few minutes ago... someone called JK?"

I felt my heart sink at the realisation that JungKook had been calling me.  I knew that the possibility of it being about something positive were slim - especially considering there were a totalled 71 missed calls and over 30 texts.

Opening the messages app I scrolled through what he had sent me.

The texts started off fairly short: 'Call me', 'Call me back when you get this', 'Call me ASAP','Why aren't you calling me back?' 

....Along those lines.

But as he got more panicked the texts got longer and more emotion-filled.  Exhibit:  'Jeo JangMi I don't know why you aren't answering but if you don't get over to our apartment ASAP I genuinely think TaeHyung is going to end up in prison for murdering Han SeoJun and maybe possibly you too so just come here, please!?'

"I have to go..." I said, worry and panic tinging my voice.  "Now."

Looking concernedly at me HeeGyeong placed a hand on my shoulder in attempts to calm me down.

"Alright, JangMi breathe..." She said, trying her best to settle me.  "... where is it that you need to go?"

"You're not going to like it." I warned. 

This was most definitely not where I should have been heading on the day of the announcement of my new relationship.  And yet, what other choice did I really have in the matter?

"I need to go to Yongsang-gu." I finally answered. 

HeeGyeong's eyes widened at my words.  "The Hills!?" She exclaimed.  "Why?"

"Because TaeHyung found out... and it wasn't from me."

"TaeHyung is back in Korea?" HeeGyeong asked, in surprise.  "I thought he was still on tour?"

"He was." SeoJun answered on my behalf.  "But they had a break where they were meant to be doing promo in Thailand and he was worried about JangMi after hearing about her appendicitis.  So he convinced management to let them all return for the week."

HeeGyeong rubbed her temples at SeoJun's words, which, sounded a little more contempt-full than usual.  It almost seemed like he was mad at the information...

If I had been in less of a worry I probably would have dwelled on it longer but my mind was too preoccupied with thoughts of Tae to focus properly on anything else.

"JangMi...  do you have any idea how hard it will be for you to get in there without being noticed?"

"There's no CCTV on the inside so as long as I stay in the car the whole way up to the door it should be okay."  I said, attempting to reason with HeeGyeong.  "Unnie...  I need to go there.  And it has to be today."

Ordinarily HeeGyeong would have put her foot down on the matter and given me a hard 'No.' And though I could see the conflict she was experiencing about whether to be my Manager or be my friend, in situations which affected me as much as this one did HeeGyeong always put my feelings first. 

It was one of the reasons that I'd decided to stay at MOVE for so long.  I could always be certain that my personal life would be prioritised over my career at the moments when it absolutely had to be.

"Alright..." HeeGeyong sighed, giving into my request.  "You'll need to get into the car with SeoJun so that the both of you are seen leaving together but we'll have the driver lose any paparazzi that might be trailing.  He can drop you off at the Hanam the Hill before taking SeoJun home okay?"'