twenty six

JANGMI

I like to think I'm quite an intelligent person.

I don't have the kind of super-genius smarts that makes you cocky and complacent but I'm far from being dumb. At least above average, I'd say.

Sometimes, I doubted that I wasn't an absolute idiot though. And that was times like now, when I found myself in what could only be described, as scandal.

The words 'Scandal' and 'TaeHyung' really seemed to go hand in hand for me. So far, I had not once been implicated due to an event that didn't have something to do with the Idol. Such events were rarities though, and I really hadn't imagined that the events of this morning would cause one.

As I've mentioned before, getting calls from TaeHyung is a rare thing - but getting them in the middle of the night (or rather, the morning) is even more rare. It was about 1:30 when I heard my phone ring. It had awoken me from my sleep.

Ordinarily I would have either just declined the call and put my phone on silent or answered solely to curse out whoever had disturbed me before going back to bed, but upon seeing it was TaeHyung who wished to speak with me I figured I had better answer.

"Hey Tae..." I'd spoken nervously.

It was the first time we'd had any contact since I sent him away from Busan and I was very anxious about how I should address him.

"Hey JangMi-Ah." He answered, returning the greeting. "I've been wanting to talk to you but the press has been pretty hot around the gates of our place in Hanam all day and I only just managed to sneak out. I'm at that coffee shop in Myeong-dong. Can you come?"

I raised an eyebrow at his request. "Right now?" I asked, surprised. "Tae it's half one in the mornin -"

"- I know it is." He said, interrupting me. "But I need to talk to you."

To be honest, after all the ways I'd let TaeHyung down the past few days, I at least owed him an audience with me. Now that I'd sorted everything out with SeoJun, I needed to set the record straight with Tae too. Whatever that meant...

"Okay." I agreed. "I'll be there in 30."

I'd taken my time and made sure to be careful leaving the house. SeoJun's bedroom was on the ground floor and I didn't want to risk waking him up.

It wasn't that I didn't want him to know where I was going. I wasn't ashamed. But I didn't want to explain anything unnecessarily either.

I usually slept in a jumper so I'd just thrown on some leggings and got a sun cap and a mask before heading out. It wasn't really cold so I didn't need to worry about wrapping up warm.

The driver got to my house around 1:45 and, transported me there without too much hassle. Though Seoul was always busy, the roads were relatively quiet this time of day.

Eventually, at about 2am, I arrived at the Coffee shop in Myeong-dong. Tae was sat in our usual spot in the back corner. He was dressed pretty similarly to me, in a black jumper, but he had a coat on, and tracksuit bottoms for his lower clothing.

I breathed in deeply as I approached him. I didn't really know what expression to greet the Idol with. It almost seemed out of order to meet him with a smile - but to appear blank and cold would have been just as bad. I no longer felt comfortable just displaying my true emotions.

"Ah, JangMi-Ah, you're here."

Luckily for me, TaeHyung greeted me first, saving me from the internal conflict of how I should make my presence known.