six

JANGMI

I woke up pretty late this morning (around 10). And since remembering I promised SeoJun that I'd clean up the mess I made first thing I was anxious to rush downstairs and tidy up seeing as he'd probably wake up soon and I wanted it done for when he came to get breakfast.

When I actually got dressed and headed downstairs though, I discovered that all my efforts had actually been in vain.

SeoJun was most definitely still asleep.

(And he didn't look like he was going to wake up anytime soon...)

I wasn't surprised that he was tired since we'd got back pretty late and after running from that group of girls our energy was pretty depleted.

Not to mention he'd had to help me carry everything form the car to the penthouse, which just so happened to be on the very top floor of the building. (Thank god for elevators).

What I was surprised at however, was what he was sleeping on.

The perfectly constructed vanity that I hadn't been able to assemble last night.

I couldn't believe that, in the end, he'd really done it. And I couldn't think of why he would have gone to such lengths for me.

I'd played around with the idea that he'd done it simply to prove to me he could, which, taking SeoJun's pride into account was a strong possibility. But yesterday he was adamant he didn't have anything to prove to me.

Another possibility was that he simply got bored and had nothing else to do. But them again, if he'd been experiencing boredom, he wouldn't have read through a 20 page instruction manual...

Finally, there was the most unlikely of all the possibilities.

He'd simply done it as a favour. A friendly gesture towards me... We were quite close once, after all (even though now those days seemed so far away...)

Regardless of the reason, I was thankful. And as a show of said gratitude I decided to make SeoJun something yummy for breakfast.

I didn't want to wake him so I tried to be as quiet as possible as I worked, deciding to make him a traditional Korean breakfast which consisted of galbi (A/N: grilled short ribs), spicy seafood salad, kongnamul bab (A/N: bean sprout rice), spicy stewed fish, oi naengguk (A/N: cold cucumber soup), seasoned kelp, and moo saengchae (A/N: radish strip kimchi).

I added a vegetable omelet and some tofu with seasoned soy sauce to add a little bit of variety for the breakfast. The first thing I'd been told as a trainee actor was how the best thing you could do before an audition was eat well and that a food you absolutely had to eat to do well during the rest of your day (especially if you were headed to an audition), was something with eggs.

Fried, scrambled, poached, boiled, anyway under the sun you wanted to prepare them so long as you had eggs in some form.

I was always skeptical about whether or not they actually improved your performance but I listened to the advice anyway, and before any major audition or before a long work day I would make sure to eat eggs in the morning. I figured since SeoJun had enjoyed a hard day's night, he could do with the eggs aswell. It would be a nice change from the instant Ramen which he appeared to live off of at any rate...

For someone who didn't cook anything than ready meals, SeoJun had surprisingly good kitchen utensils. Other than the lack of a petal and mortar there was almost every imaginable piece of equipment under the sun.