Chapter 26

TAEHYUNG P.O.V.

The alarm clock went off, disturbing our peaceful sleep. She digs her head into my chest in frustration. I, myself was too sleepy to open my eyes so I reached out for the clock with my hand and accidentally pushed it off the surface of the drawer. It stopped the minute it fell on the ground. I sighed in peace as I went back to sleep but I was awoken by my lovely wife. 

Today is the day when we are finally going on a trip. Jimin's family is tagging along too. After so long, I had this chance to go on a trip with my family. Nothing beats the happiness you feel when you are with your family. A happy family. Tiara has grown up to become a beautiful woman. Each time I see her, I still feel she is small like five year old. I got ready real quick and could feel the excitement in the air because Tiara continued to text me, telling me how much excited she is for this trip.

I smiled and walked over to my closet to take my passport. I remember keeping it on the top shelf inside the closet. I reached for it and got my hands on it but a picture fell off simultaneously. I picked it up. The old picture was covered in dust. I looked at the picture as memories flooded in, making my heart feel a pang while looking at the picture. The picture was from my college days. I was smiling and posing a peace sign while Mia laughed next to me, probably unaware of the camera.

" Where are you, Mia ?" I asked softly while looking and tracing my fingers on the picture.

" Taehyung," Clara called me from the threshold of the room. " Come on! Let's go !" 

" Yeah. I'm coming down. You go ahead ." I replied with a smile.

" Okay."

" It's been thirteen years...Thirteen years without you." I sighed as I tried to lessen the guilt in my heart. " Where are you ?" I asked again, thinking I could get an answer. 

I put away the picture back to the top shelf and went downstairs to finally depart for the trip. It has been thirteen years but it felt more than just thirteen years. A lot has changed in these thirteen years. Tiara grew up and just turned eighteen this year making herself an adult. Clara and I got married when Tiara was eight. We did treat each other with love and care. We had become a lovely couple over the years but after finding that picture, I felt a void in my heart. I realized that my heart just replaced someone temporarily and it has never really healed.

A sudden halt made me jump out of my thoughts. I looked over to the driver. 

" What's the matter ?" I asked.

"Mr. Park told me to stop the car," he replied.

I looked out and saw Jimin's car door open. Tiara got out of his car and walked over to our car.  Her face carried an angry look and her steps looked like she was stomping. I got out of the car as she reached the car.  She got in the backseat as I walked over to the front seat next to the driver's seat. My eyes locked at Jimin who was also standing out of his car. He gestured to me that Tiara fought with Jihun. We both got inside the car again and resumed the journey. 

" What's wrong, Tiara ?" I asked.

" Nothing, Dad." She replied crossing her arms at chest.

" Did you fought with Jihun ?" Clara asked her.

" Yeah," she replied in a small voice. 

I and Clara shared glances and smiled to ourselves. It was not new that they fight. Since they were young, they fought and then would make up too. Last night, Tiara had decided to do a sleepover at his house so I didn't mind. As they grow old, they are becoming more mature and fighting less which causes less chaos than it did when they were younger.