Chapter 21

"I need my pills.'

" My pills. Where are they ?"

" I need my pills." 

A hand on my shoulder made me step back in the present moment. My nerves calmed down and I exhaled, blinking twice to get a clearer view of my surrounding. My heart's fast pace was gone and I turned around to look at the person. It was Clara. 

" Mia? Mia? Are you okay ?" she asked and I nodded in response.

" Here." She extended a paper bag to me. " I always carry an extra pair of clothes." I looked away without responding. I didn't need help but I just needed some time alone to be back to normal.

" Change into these, Mia. You will catch a cold in these drenched clothes." She reasoned with me. I shook my head as 'No'. 

" Don't worry about Tiara. She will be alright. After all, she is your daughter. She is strong."

I looked at her and she gave me an assuring smile. I knew if Tiara would be awake, she would ask me about my state and worried about me. I took the bag from her but as I took a step; I felt a jolt of pain on my ankle.

" Are you okay, Mia ?" She asked holding me by my arm.

" Yeah. I am fine." I replied as I took another step, trying not to make it obvious. 

I walked into the nearby washroom to change into dry clothes. I splashed some water on my face as I stared at my reflection in the mirror. Nothing breaks me more apart than my reflection. My eyes burned a bit when they came in contact with water and my nose still had a tint of pink. I pity myself. I pity every single pain that I felt when no one was around. I pity how once I used to look in the mirror and fix my hair as I smiled happily. I sighed, looking down at the sink because I can no longer look at myself. I need to pull myself together. I need to...

" Do you even call yourself a mother ?" his voice ringed in my ears.

" NO. NO.NO. NO. NO." my head hurts as I try to assure myself.

" Where have you been ?" 

" You are not thinking about it. You are not thinking about it. You are not thinking about it." 

" Its better Tiara stays with me." 

"It's okay. It's okay. It's okay. It's okay." I patted my chest lightly to assure my heart to calm down as I breathe in and out. 

A few minutes later, I was able to get back to normal and walked out of the washroom. I saw Mrs Kim rushing over to me. She hugged me assuring me that Tiara will be okay. I nodded along and looking over to Taehyung who looked away.

" Don't worry, Mia. Doctors said she will be okay. She just needs to be under observation for tonight. They will shift her to a normal ward tomorrow morning. So don't worry." 

" Yeah." I nodded.

" Mia, if you need any help. Feel free to tell us." Mr Kim patted my back. 

I smiled a little to assure them both. They stayed with me a bit before heading home once they were assured that I, Taehyung and Clara will handle things here. I didn't get to see Tiara even for once. Doctors told me that I have to wait till next morning.  I sat down against the steel metal hospital chairs. The night was long and so was our waiter.

 Taehyung and Clara sat in a distant much nearer to the room where Tiara was kept under observation. I closed my eyes but the cold seems to make me shiver. I couldn't sleep as my neck became stiff and back pain came in as I tried to get some sleep. I looked over the Taehyung and Clara. Taehyung was awake too but he was just rubbing his hands together to keep himself warm. Even my hands were cold as I looked at my open palms.