Chapter 6

I knew it was morning already but I wanna sleep more. I let out an exhausted sigh. I snuggled into the warmth. The bridge of my nose caressed by a soft skin. I locked my arms more tightly around my pillow.

I wonder when did I fell asleep.

It must the tiredness.

Hmm.

This pillow seems really nice.

Soft and warm.

It even smells so nice.

I wonder which detergent they use to wash it?

It smells so musty and nice.

Wait!

Is that a heartbeat?

Nah! Pillows are non-living.

I must be imagining things.

" Good morning"

I hummed along with it.

Pillows are so nice here.

I don't remember that-

Pillows don't talk, right?

My eyes shot open.

Pillows don't greet you in the morning.

I slowly raised my head.

Pillows don't smell good.

Coming eye to eye with Taehyung.

" Ahhhhhh !!!"

I jerked back, out of his arms.

" WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE ?" I asked.

" Shhhh !!! You gonna wake the whole neighbourhood." He shushed me.

" ARE YOU IN YOUR FREAKING MIND? THIS IS MY BED! WHY ARE YOU HERE? " I said claiming the bed.

" Kids, what's wrong ? I was just passing b--" Mrs Kim came in through the door.

" Mom...um.. Mia saw a bug on the bed so she was like 'What are you doing on my bed ?' Hahaha! Mia is so scared of bugs, right ?" Taehyung faked a laugh as he nudged my elbow.

" Y-Yeah," I answered.

" The disinfection didn't work like last time." Mrs Kim seems lost in thought.

" Mom, what are doing up so early ?" Taehyung asked to hide the awkward silence.

" What you forgot already? We are going for a mini-vacation to your Grandma's place. You remember it, right ?" She asked.

" Yeah. I remembered." Taehyung replied excitedly.

" Get ready now." She said as she closed the door. I picked up a pillow and hit Taehyung with it.

" Get out! Now !" I said angrily.

" People are so mean. Don't even thank you when you save them ?" He shrugged as he got off the bed and went to the bathroom. I fumed internally.

The bags were already packed. We were gonna stay at his Grandma's place for two weeks. Since her house is at countryside. Mr Kim thought it was a perfect place to relax one's tensed muscles. It's gonna be a car ride to her house.

As Taehyung and his dad filled the car's trunk with luggage bags and other extra things. I and Mrs. Kim packed some food and cookies as a gift. Everything was set and ready to go. I walked up to the car and got inside in the passenger seat.