Chapter 14

" What do you wish for, Mia?" he asked again, pushing a strand of hair behind my ear.

And for some reasons...

I couldn't give him an answer.

I couldn't tell him the things I wished for. 

I gazed in his eyes which longed for my answer. I wished to tell him but as if words refused to come out. I expected him to understand me like he used to do when I didn't speak out my mind. I let go of his face and turned around, without giving him an answer. My back facing him and my eyes staring off to the darkness. I felt broken. 

Broken for what?

Broken because I wasn't able to mend our relation.

Despite me trying hard to be on good terms with him...

I just can't seem to let go of my broken pieces.

Which only hurt me and him along the way.

Why is this so hard? 

I squirmed my eyes shut in dismay. An old pain budded in my heart and I let out a sigh in defeat. The night's sounds of wind travelling by and the leaves rustling far away. Everything is so cold. A cold shiver ran down my spine as my body came in contact with the coldness. A warmth felt on the nape of my neck as an arm sliding in to trap me in the warmth before the cold could get me. 

I opened my eyes and in the moonlight, shone the platinum ring in his hand. He smelled in my scent and tighten his grip. We stayed like that for a few minutes as far as I could remember. As the eyelids slowly lose its power to stay wide open and I started feeling sleepy. I know I had trouble sleeping in the night but when he holds me close enough to feel his warmth. I feel at ease and relaxed to fall asleep. Before, I lose myself to unconsciousness, I heard him whisper.

" I wish that your wish come true." 

I smiled lightly as my body give in to sleep. We slept like that in warmth, avoiding any contact with cold. It wasn't the coldness in the weather but the coldness of heart that melted in this warmth and learned to become warm for that night. He sure forgot to kiss me that night but thought of holding onto to me instead.

I guess I waited for this peace; where I don't think of any troubles of the world and has no thoughts in my mind. I just wanted to be this peaceful. I guess this is why no medicine or medications worked on me for my insomnia because I was waiting for him to hold onto me again.

Under his warmth, I might've felt that the night was too short and the day came in too early. I didn't want to let go of this moment that became so dear to me. I slowly opened my eyes to the light coming in through a clear glass window.

I rubbed my eyes and yawned. Feeling refreshed from the last night's sleep. I saw his arm still wrapped around me. I smiled to myself as I held onto his hand. I have to get up and need to keep his hand off me. I decided to start from a small portion of his hand. His palm was resting pretty firmly so  I moved his fingers slowly and tried to detach his palm off my body but he exerted a light force to intertwined with my hand.