Chapter 2

A husky voice whispered in my ears.

" I want you to be my wife."

A chill ran down my spine.

People clapped their hands as the music came to an end.

I excused myself for the washroom.

I walked and splashed some water on my face.

I didn't care if my freaking makeup was waterproof or not.

I was left in tears for some reason.

His words left an awful impact on me.

I wanted to be strong.

Strong in front of him.

Show him that I'm doing well.

But I was done pretending to be good in front of everyone.

I wiped my tears before someone came looking for me.

The wedding got over.

And so did the celebration.

Once, I reached my new home. There was this awkwardness in the room since Taehyung was in it too. His wardrobe was big enough but I decided not to keep my stuff there.

I silently went over to the bathroom and changed my clothes. But I nearly collapsed in mental breakdown. I don't know. Why am I doing this to myself?

I don't want to be his wife.

I don't want to get married.

I don't want to be here.

I don't want to live life like this.

A knock on the door brings me back to senses.

" Hey, Mia. Are you alright ?" I heard his voice across the door.

I wiped my tears and tried my best to hide my teary eyes. I opened the door and passed by him as if he wasn't there. He went inside to change.

I took the blanket and a pillow as I kept them on the lounge chair. I heard the creak of the door as he stepped outside.

" You don't have to sleep on the lounge chair. You can sleep on the bed. I'll s--"

" I'm sleeping on the bed. These are for you. You are sleeping over there." I replied as I walked over the bed.

" What ?" He asked completely shook.

" I knew you were just trying to be nice by saying you will sleep on the chair." I took the blanket and lay down on the bed.

" I-I was just trying to help you get comfortable here." He hesitated as he sat down on the chair.

" Since when did you started thinking about my comfort levels and emotions? If you have forgotten what you have done to me. Let me tell you, I haven't." I closed my eyes without giving him any attention.

" Look! I'm sorry about whatever happened in past. Can we start everything anew ?" He asked but I didn't reply.

" Mia? Mia? Are you asleep already or you are trying to ignore me ?" He asked again since I didn't answer him.

" Fine. Goodnight."

I wasn't able to sleep in the same room as him. I don't want to get into any contact with him or try to give him any chances again. Maybe, its new place for me so I couldn't sleep properly.

I tried very hard to sleep but I couldn't. Until, I felt someone's fingertip brushing my cheekbone before tugging my hair behind my ear.

" I missed you." He said softly as he pinched my cheek. " and also your cheeks." He giggled but it sounded as if it was filled with sadness.