Chapter 9

" I'm sorry. " A husky voice breathed on my neck.

" Is it true? You forgot the memories we made in that bonfire ?" he asked in a breathy voice.

I remained silent. I decided not to answer his questions because I had no answer for it.

" Am I that bad, Mia? That you can't forgive me for my past mistakes?" He asked me in a shaky voice.

" Why can't you forgive me? I am ready to do anything to get you back. Please, come back to me." He rested his head on my shoulder.

" Its's not that easy, Taehyung. It's not easy for me to forgive you and move on." I said nonchalantly.

" Mia... I am sorry. I never apologized for things that I had done to you. I am sorry.' Taehyung said with sincerity.

I turned around to face him as he stood straight with his head down facing the ground. I knew he was deeply hurt and he was trying to hide his emotions at this very moment. A tear fell from his eyes as he sniffed.  I want to hold him and tell him it was alright but I was stopping myself from doing it. Just like he was stopping himself from holding me.

" I...I need some time, Taehyung." I said because I didn't want to see him cry but wanted to be firm on my decision.

He leaned in and brushed his cheek against mine as he whispered in my ears.

" I am ready to apologize a million times. If It can get you back, Mia." I blink my eyes in thought.

" Oh ! This is a wrong timing. Get back to the bonfire, Seong." I heard Mrs Kim telling Taehyung's cousin, Seong to go back. I could see her and she would see me. I tried to push Taehyung away but he just stood there with his hands at both sides.

" You both...carry on." Mrs Kim giggled before leaving us.

" They--" I said but got cut by him.

" You know.. Mia. You considered everyone's emotions except for mine." He said with his lips inches away from my lips.

" Did you considered my feelings when I was oblivious to everyone's except your's ?" I said harshly. 

I pushed him away with all my might and walked away. The way that conversation just turned around was really sudden. But when the night fell in and we went to our beds, he laid there all quiet and I ponder over his words. I know he was genuinely saying each and every statement but I just don't feel ready to start anew. He turned around and I swiftly closed my eyes, pretending to be asleep.

" I wish I could go back in time and be with you. " he brushed his thumb on my cheek and placed a peck on my forehead like the usual. 

The next day started with another adventure gearing up in the house. We gotta visit a place to watch the sunset. Nothing special about the place but since being in the city won't get us such scenery where you feel connected to nature so I thought this was a good idea. We set out around 4 P.M., talking and clicking pictures here and there for memories. 

" Here! Click our picture !" Seong handed me the camera as he squeezed in with the rest of his cousins.

" Okay. Smile~ " I clicked their picture.

" One more~ This time facing the sun," Seong instructed others.

" Ready ?" I asked looking at the camera.

The frame was too small to capture each one of them so I backed up a bit to get them all in frame. I took a few steps back and fell down on my ass because the ground was a steep in order to go down in the farm.