Chapter 5

"Christy."

I could recognize her even from afar.

How could I forget her?

She turns around to continue talking to Taehyung's group of friends. I turned around as well, completely unaffected by her evil smile. I sipped my cocktail. 

Ha! She thinks I'll be affected by that stare of her's.

I don't give a damn!

Even though, she's here to seduce Taehyung. I  won't stop her from doing it.

As far as I know...

Taehyung must be enjoying her company.

Though, I felt unbothered by their closeness but I couldn't stop myself from turning my head back at them. I wasn't even surprised when I saw Taehyung laughing with Christy. But somewhere ...

It did hurt.

Actually, it hurts a lot.

It hurts a lot to see him this happy with someone who's not me.

Ah! I'm crazy!

Why am I getting emotional over him?

I looked away from them, only to see Mrs Kim looking suspiciously at Taehyung and Christy's interaction. She seems shocked and worried at the same time. Her eyes wander all over the place in the party as if looking for me.

I turned my back at her. I tried to hide myself. I, low-key wanted her to see what Taehyung was doing. I sipped my drink calmly. Thanks to the group of people standing right behind me at a distance to cover me up. 

Good!

Now she will know his true self.

She thinks her son is a nice husband.

Now, she'll be faced with the truth.

The truth about her son and his doings.

But I don't know... somewhere among these thoughts. I felt bad for Mrs. Kim. I mean she loves her son so dearly and if she sees him like this...

Mia! What are you thinking?

Why are you making it complicated?

Just let her see his true colours.

But...

Mrs Kim has always been nice to me.

She always supported me.

She made sure I was comfortable in this new house.

I should be thankful to her.

Instead of giving her the pain to see her son like this.

If not for Taehyung...

I should do this for Mrs Kim.

Even if Taehyung doesn't take me as his wife.

But I'll still be his mother's daughter-in-law.

I rose from my seat with my cocktail in my hand. I walked over to Taehyung and his group of friends. I made sure his group of friends see me coming and their eyes widened for a second.  I stood beside Taehyung with arm locked with his arm.

" Hey, Christy," I said with a smile. She pulled away from her friend whom she was hugging.

" Oh ! Mia! Hey, it's been a long time." She smiled falsely.