Chapter 1

" It's your wedding day. Don't look so sullen." My father patted on my shoulder. He was dressed in his best suit and I was dressed in all white.

" You will be happy there. Mr Kim is my closest friend. I'm sure you will be happy with his family." He continued to speak words of consolation. He thought I was sad because I'm leaving my family behind.

My makeup was been set for the big day. While my friends discussed about my wedding and my new family. Unfortunately, due to the past experience, I learnt to never trust anyone again so they don't really know how I feel about this marriage. 

" You understand, right? Remember, you'll be my princess forever." I nodded though I didn't hear what he said. The veil was set on my hair and so was everything.

He believed that I was happy with this wedding...

Or maybe he believed that I was happy the way I was living.

But it was not true.

I was tired.

Tired of people taking me for granted.

I was tired.

Tired that my parents agreed with the opinions of their own.

Without considering my decision.

It was so tiring.

To be a good daughter.

To pretend to be okay.

To pretend that you are happy with their choice.

To pretend that everything is okay.

" We are ready to go !" My friend squealed in excitement.

All the bridesmaids took their bouquet of flowers and headed outside. My father was teary-eyed and emotional. I wish I could feel the same. My parents were nice but I never really had that kinda relationship with them to feel sad to leave them behind so I was just... blank.

I felt nothing.

Nothing at all.

It was like...

Escaping one world.

To get trapped in another.

The door to the church opened and aisle came in the view. I saw everyone standing up and focused on me. I recognized a lot of faces. They gave away a lot of expressions. I just took a deep breath as the music played in the background. My arm linked with my father's arm, I walked ahead. Flashing a faint smile as I made eye contact with everyone. But I instantly recognized a face that I wanted to forget. 

It was him

It was him.

He stood there.

With a black tuxedo and a black tie.