4장

Taehyung walked to the huge double doors, which was the entrance to the ballroom. The guard bowed to the prince, and opened the door. The guard hit the pole on the floor, turning everyone's attention to the door, at the top of the large staircase.

In walked the prince. Queens and princesses gasped, seeing the handsome man. A few squeals emitted their mouths, drawling over the sight of the pure blood alpha.
"Prince Taehyung, the heir of Eunoia"
The guard yelled, his voice booming through the ballroom. He watched as everyone bowed, which he gracefully returned. He walked down the stairs with his head held high and acted like a prince should. Till finally, he reached the bottom he began greeting people with a smile plastered on his face as he spoke to some familiar people.

"Son, come here" the king demanded in a soft, but deep tone.
Taehyung said his goodbyes in a nice manner to the people he was greeting and made his way over to his mother and father. The Queen was wearing, a huge maroon ball gown, which sparkled under the bright lights. With a beautiful pearled necklace which sat around her neck, and small pearl earrings. The king matched the Queen's outfit with a maroon tie, which he liked to do at most events. While wearing a black suit, and his royal cape, which flowed behind him, barely touching the floor.

"Good evening father, mother you're looking very beautiful tonight" Taehyung bowed to each of them, as respect.
"Thank you son, you're looking very handsome" she chimed.
"Taehyung we wanted to say, if you end up finding your mate. Respect them, treasure them, learn to love them. You will be a fantastic husband to him or her" The king patted the boys shoulder gently.
"I will father, I do hope I meet my mate"
"We can only pray sweetie" Queen Kim smiled.

"Excuse me, prince Taehyung would you like to have this dance" a sweet, recognizable tone came from the side of them.
"Cousin, it's amazing to see you! I'd love this dance" Taehyung smiled happily seeing his cousin Jennie, who was more like an older sister.
They walked to the dance floor and began swaying side to side, with a little distance between them to show they were no where near a relationship.
"How's your mate?" Taehyung asked Jennie.
"Oh he's amazing, he's perfect" she smiled, looking over to her mate who was talking to her parents.
"I'm so happy, he looks like a great man" Taehyung chuckled.
"Aunt told me that this ball was to find your mate, or a lover" She smirked teasingly.
"Indeed I really hope I find them"
"I'm sure you will cousin, and whoever they will be, will surely be amazing and an amazing Queen"

As Taehyung danced with his cousin, he smelt something. It was an unusual smell, but it smelt so sweet. His wolf inside was itching to jump out. Taehyung's heart raced, and his head became sweaty.
"Cousin are you okay?" Jennie asked in concern.
"R-remind me what it feels like when your mate if near by?" Taehyung growled under his breath.
"Uh well, the smell is really sweet, addictively sweet, you become hot and sweaty, your heart races and your eyes start to flicker....they are here!" She gasped seeing Tae's eyes flicking red, and sweating.
"The smell is so sweet" Taehyung breathed out.

Just as Jennie could say anything, three people walked in.
"Queen Jeon and her two sons Junho and Jungkook from Abditory"
Taehyung's head whizzed to the door as the smell was stronger than before. His eyes landed on the smaller boy at the top of the stairs whose eyes were heavy, and his body was sweating as he trembled.
"Cousin, go get him" she smiled knowing the boy at the top of the stairs was his mate.

-

Jungkook on the other hand, had just made his way to the ball. He felt small tingles in his chest, which he had never felt before. He started to become hot and sweaty, unable to form words.
"Omega straighten up" The Queen growled, making Jungkook obey and tried to straight up. Mrs Jeon put a smile on her lips as the door opened. Not many people looked in their direction, which made Junho frown.

However Jungkook was engulfed by an addictive chocolatey smell. His eyes moved around the ballroom trying to see anyone who was showing the same signs as him. Until finally he saw a muscular male in the distance. His eyes were flickering a deep red and was sweating. He was looking straight at Jungkook, making his stomach do a few flips. Jungkook wasn't dumb, he knew he was meeting his mate. After 19 years, he finally found his mate.

The three began to walk down the stair case, Jungkook was holding onto the rail as he struggled walking with his shaky legs.
Most people didn't notice as they were either dancing or talking to each other. Both boys heads screamed mate repeatedly.

Tae watched as the boy walked down the stairs while looking straight at him. The boy took one last step and fell weak to his knees. He hit the floor, making Taehyung rush with worry. Jungkook's mother and her brother noticed the boy and walked away pretending they didn't know him.

Taehyung ran past people, apologising as he knocked some people out the way, until he finally got to the boy. Taehyung dropped down next to him, and held the boys face. To say Taehyung wasn't dazed by his beauty would be a huge lie. The boy was drop dead stunning. But he had to focus on waking the boy up before he did anything more. He held the boys cheeks in his hands, lightly tapping his cheeks. He pushed aside the burning feeling in his fingers, and the chills spiraling down his back.

Not even a minute later, Taehyung watched as the boys eyes flickered open. He stared at Tae with wide eyes, panicked.