Escaping The Gods - Percy's POV

We just went into the shadows. But how could we hide from the gods? With dad maybe we could. My world was black for sometime but soon everything started to clear. We were in an old wreaked house. The entire house was made of wood but not painted. There were major crack and breakages but we could live here. For how much time? I don’t know. Nico, Annabeth and Reyna stood beside me and Poseidon quickly appeared.

“So, we live here?” Annabeth asked.

“Yes” Poseidon answered.

“But dad your godly aura is too strong and the gods will find us.” I said.

“No, I quit being a god when I decided to leave.” Dad spoke.

“WHAT?!” Reyna and Nico exclaimed.

“Yes…”

“What about monsters?” Reyna questioned.

“I have secured many places and this is one of them.” Dad explained.

“But Lord Poseidon, don’t you think the gods can see us anywhere?” Annabeth asked.

“Don’t call me lord now that I’m a mortal. We have to get to Alaska. That is the only place we’ll stay safe from the gods.” Dad said.

“That’s right.” Nico agreed.

We all rested for the day. I could not sleep. We all had our separate rooms and I just lay on my bed. So much happened today. I won so much but lost the most important things of my life. We won the battle with Gaia. How could the gods think that I would try and overthrow them? I saved them TWICE! Hell with them! I don’t care about them! All I want to do is get to Alaska and start fresh. I don’t want revenge but I’ll make sure never to help them again. I lost Frank today. He was courageous. Only that I didn’t know him much.

My other friends? LEO! He left me? He was my best friend! I thought he would always he with me but even he betrayed me? Is love the only thing important for him? I don’t get what I did wrong! I should have sided with Gaia! I don’t want to cry but I can’t help the break down. I cry. Then my princess enters. Her face is coated with dust, princess curls not in the best condition and clothes….. Well she still remains my princess.

“Percy, you’re crying? Seaweed Brain doesn’t cry.” She soothes.

“It is just all the betrayals and stuff.” I say.

“Sleeping does not help does it?”

“Not really Annabeth. You know why.”

“Yes, Tartarus and its night mares. Why don’t we sleep together today? It will be better when I know I have you.” Annabeth suggests.

“Yeah, we don’t even have coach Hedge.” I joke.

We both get into the bed and wrap ourselves with a blanket. We talk, laugh and then finally sleep. After a long time, I get a sleep without nightmares. We should do this more often. When I wake up in the morning, bright light is falling on my face. When I open my eyes Apollo stands in front of me.

“Enough of romantic time my boy. Now you should get going! Zeus has located you! Move!” Apollo warns and disappears.

“Annabeth wake up!” I yell. Once she’s awake, she gathers all the supplies when I wake the others up. Before the gods can sight us, we slip out of the house and run into the nearby woods. Everything is wrong! Dad lost his powers, mom does not know anything, we don’t know if she married or no and now, we’re running. We were a mile away from the house when it was blasted.

“The gods…” Nico says.

“They blasted the house.” Reyna finishes.

“Then they probably think we’re dead.” Annabeth explains. But the answer comes in form of an arrow which impales itself in dad’s leg.

“NO!” I roar.

“That’s Artemis’s arrow! Her hunters are here RUN!” Annabeth says.

“You all should go. I can’t even walk. They won’t kill me anyways.” Dad speaks.

“But lord Poseidon they’ll torture you to any extent!” Reyna reasons.

“Nico can you shadow travel us?” Annabeth questions.

“Yup”

“Let’s get going!” I say.

We hold each other’s hands and we are once again into the shadow world. I hate it. It makes me feel so giddy. I haven’t eaten for long or I would have puked. The next place we arrived at was a very beautiful hill. All of it was filled with flowers and grass. Every where it was only green.

“NICO!” Reyna yells besides me. Nico collapses to the ground, his face paler than usual. He looks awful. He’s obviously exhausted himself. But then even Reyna and Annabeth fall to the ground.

“What’s going on?!” I say.

“Nico has strained himself and Reyna and Annabeth……They have been disowned.” Dad explains.

“Disowned? So now they are mortals?”

“Not completely but they are mostly mortal. Once a child is born demi-god no power can completely transform him or her into a mortal.”

“Now what?”

“Get some ambrosia from the bag.” Dad instructs. We give them ambrosia and wait for them to wake up. The effect is fast.

“I feel empty.” Reyna complains.

“I feel like someone pulled a part of my soul out.” Annabeth says.

“The gods have disowned you.” I explain. There’s silence for some time until Nico breaks it.

“We need a name instead of Poseidon.” Nico jokes and we all do laugh. Even the smallest joy for us right now is necessary.

“That’s right. Poseidon sound too godly.” Dad continues.

“How about Alex?” Annabeth suggests.

“Or Austin?” I ask.

“I think I’ll go with Austin.” Dad smiles.

We joke around for the rest of the day and Nico sleeps. He has to be ready for shadow travel. The journey to Alaska won’t be that easy with gods on our trail. Sometimes I wonder if it’s all my fault. Did I cause all of this? But then something happens……. The winds start to blow. All lights die and a figure appears. Are we in danger…?

Stay tuned XOXO,

Fangirl_Leo.