i knew this was gonna happen

And when you said that you loved me, I knew there was nothing that could've made me happier. But even within this happiness, in the deepest and darkest corner of my heart, I knew that this happiness wouldn't last long. Cause it has also happened before, right? You gave me all the hope in the world and the very next day, it came down, shattering everywhere. Why are you so fickle-minded? One day you say you want me and that I mean the entire world to you. In the next 24 hours, you say we're better off as friends and that you need to work on yourself more right now. Were you lying? Or are you just so fucking confused yourself that you don't care about others' feelings? And you know what? I cannot be just friends anymore. I gave you my all. And I cannot handle talking to you anymore and not expressing how much I love you. 

'Guess we lost our focus, and it's killing me that we could go to war like this.' 

I've tried for so long. Playing with my feelings make you happy? Guess you understood that no matter how many times you hurt me, I'll always come back to you. Because that's how much I love you. Because that is how much our relationship is toxic. Even after knowing this, why do I still come back to you? Why can't I let you go? I really want to. I want to move on and be happy without you but I just can't seem to. Why do you have that power over me? I don't want you to. I know I shouldn't expect even a little 'hi' from you. Then why do I wait with tears in my eyes, late at night, remembering the days we talked till 3 am for you to text me? 

Well, I'm still in love with you.

And then just when I thought I was finally over you, you came right back. And just when I finally thought I had a chance with you, you left again.