Chapter 21: Dance Lessons and Diving

July, Malfoy Manor

Orion POV

Today is a week before the summer solstice.  Meaning a week before the summer ball.  Richard was able to came and stay with us for a week, so I am helping him with mannerisms and dance lessons.  Gabe and Lana are coming over to help, Aquila offered too.  So here we are standing in front of the Manor waiting for Richard.  I got slightly more excited when a black SUV pulled through the gates and to the front steps.  Richard got out and walked up to me giving me a hug  while, whom I'm assuming, his parents walk towards us timidly.  They stare in awe of the property, looking at the Manor and the gardens. 

"Mr and Mrs Lawer I presume" 

They turned to me almost stunned at my question.

The man nods as the women smiles.

"Yes I'm Richard Lawer Sr, this is my wife Marissa Lawer.  I think you might be familiar with my son Richard Lawer Jr."

I nodded politely "Yes, it's nice to meet you.  I'm Orion Malfoy, thank you for allowing Richard to stay with us for the week.  I promise to return him in one piece."

They laughed and Richard snickered slightly.

"No, no, we should be thanking you.  It was nice of you to let him stay in your home.  It looks lovely." Mrs. Lawer said, still looking at the house.

I nodded "the original one was destroyed to make the beautiful structure you see today.  My parents designed it and my mother tends to the garden.  The peacocks are free range, not pets.  This is like a sanctuary.  And my home." I paused "your welcome to come inside for a bit, maybe a tour? Tea?"

They nodded and I lead them inside, Richard gasped "Mate, this is better than you described." I shrugged, maybe I didn't explain it well. 

I turned to his parents "this is the foyer,  my mother wanted it to be very open when first walking I to the house so that's why you can see the top three floors by the banisters and grand staircase.  This is also a center point in the house, eventually everything leads back to this room.  The original manor layout was very confusing, my father didn't know half the room there existed because of the confusing layout." The took in everything as I explained the the front room. 

"Richy, choose a direction"

"Right"

I nodded smiling and leading them to the right.  This was the dining wing.  The dining rooms and kitchen were over here.

I lead them to the hall, the through the larger double doors to the bigger dining room.

"This is the formal dining room for bigger gatherings.  Not really used often though.  Just for pre gala,ball, party dinners with the family friends."

"That mirror on the wall is gorgeous" Mrs. Lawer pointed to the larger wall with the antique mirror in the center.

"Ah, yes, the silver mirrors were my mother's touch.  She found them at a muggle antique shop, a few are scattered around the place."

I lead them through to the smaller dining room, explaining how it was used more often but not everyday.  Then to the kitchen that was spacious.  I explained that the actual kitchen was elevated by a bit and left the small table with chairs on the original flooring to separate them slightly.  A set of door to lead out to the patio if we were having dinner out there instead.  They said how brilliant it was and I told them how Uncle Theo suggested it when he was drunk and joking around.  

He's actually smarter while drunk, also a lot more deep and mysterious.  It's terrifying sometimes.

I lead them through the rest of the house, the family room, film room, art studio for Mum and now me.  The studies, library, my room, the halls, the pool, the lineage room.  A room with just a bunch of cranky portraits  and books in the Malfoy family history, heirlooms, stuff like that.  The astronomy room, really the attic. And finally the gardens.