Chapter 47: To Crash A Ball

October... Hogwarts

James POV

In the past month nothing much has happened.  We go to class, which is boring.  Quidditch, games and practice.  More fun than class.  However the ball in tonight which was all the big rage.  I'm currently standing at the bottom of the grand staircase waiting for my girlfriend to arrive.  She was kidnapped earlier by Roxy, as well as the others and started getting ready about three hours ago.  I was wearing my usual dress robes, chain, rings and had my wand in my back pocket in case something happens at this ball.  I somewhat styled my hair, but I really just ran my hands through my hair to pull in back a bit.

I was standing with Cal, Troy, Gabe, Scorp, Freddy, Orion, and Richie.  Troy, Cal, Orion, and Richie were going by themselves.  I was going with Aquila, and yes I actually asked her this time.  Don't ask.  I got her a bouquet of black roses and a card to ask. 

She had owled Aunt Astoria for a dress and shoes to wear.  But she could wear anything and I couldn't care.  

Pucey hasn't tried anything since Aquila smacked him.  And maybe the rest of the boys gave him another beating later, but know one has to know.  

I was taken out of my thoughts when I felt someone smack my shoulder.  I looked up to see my girl. 

Her hair was curled and but in a high poney tail, a plait wrapped around it.  Her makeup was a bit heavier than last ball.  She had a, smoky eye? I think that's what it's called.  And heavier eyeliner.  Her lips were painted a deep red.  She looked... different.  

Good, different...

But different...

I bet Roxy had something to do with it...

 I like it...

Thoughts ran through my mind.

She wore a black corset-like thing over a sheer silver gown that had peasant blouse sleeves and a slit down the middle of a floor length dress, making the illusion of a asymmetric skirt line.  A black tight dress with short pencil shirt  went halfway down her thighs, also a halter neckline.  She looked...

Stunning,

Grown up,

Gorgeous,

Icanteventhinkofawordtodescribe,

I definitely felt my jaw drop.  

I couldn't look at anything else but her.  It's like the world was sucked away from me, the only thing there was her.  

She gave me her beautiful smile and blushed at my loose jaw.

She finally reached me, I took her hand and pulled her to me, kissing her blood red lips.  

She responded then pulled back.  My hand on her waist the other holding hers.  Her hand on my chest. 

"You're absolutely gorgeous." I breathed in a whisper.

She giggled, "thank you.  You clean up well too, Jamie." 

I think I felt a slight buzz at that moment.  She hadn't called me that in a while.  

I kissed her forehead and grinned. "Why thank you, babygirl."

She laughed and pulled away.  We walked into the ball where music and laughter filled the room.

I took her by the waist and we danced until I could tell her feet hurt.

She didn't say anything but I knew.