Chapter 34: And?

One week later... May

Teddy POV

Vic and I just walked out of the healers office after getting another checkin for the twins.  I'm so excited to meet them but I'm terrified to be a father.  I don't actually know how to be one.  I have watched kids before, usually James, Albus or Lily, but haven't had to live with them as a responsibility.  

Two is going to be double the trouble, but at least they are different genders which would help with the confusion.  Grandma Molly has given me tips about raising twins, so at least I'm a bit prepared.  Mum and Fleur have also been helpful with advice and setting up the nursery at my new place that Cic knows nothing about.  I'm surprising her tomorrow for her birthday.  

We decided to go to my parents portrait after lunch and talk to them, then I was going to take her to dinner, also blind folded, take her to a clearing near the cottage then ask her to go on a walk, then surprise her with the cottage.  It sounds good in my head, but I don't think it will go according to plan.

She held my hand as we walked through the streets of Hogsmeade.  We stopped into the Three Broomsticks for lunch.  We sat in a booth towards the back where we could talk without people listening.

Her stomach had grown a bit since last time, it's not really hideable under the summer robes.  But Vic doesn't care.  I get to feel them kicking and moving whenever I put my hands on her stomach.  She says they kick and move more when I'm around.  Like they can feel I'm there.  That made me smile.  My son and daughter.  

I'm gonna have to get tips from Bill on how to protect your daughter.  Bloody hell I'm gonna become him.  

Vic already warned me not to be that father that lock his daughter in a tower so she can't meet anyone new.  Sorry Vic.  

I already feel a deep pull to the twins.  I have a need to protect them.  I want to protect them.  I love them, but know that they'll definitely be trouble.  They have my genes as well as Weasley genes.  

After we ate and talked about the babies and other things going on we walked through the cobblestone streets and sat on a bench near a small pond.  I pulled her onto my lap and kissed her neck as she giggled.  I wrapped one hand around her back and the other hand rested on her stomach.  She leaned her side into me and wrapped her arms around my neck.  I kissed her slowly until she pulled for air and rest her head on my shoulder a kept rubbing her stomach and felt them kicking and moving around.  I smiled and pulled her closer to me.

"You have no idea how happy you make me." I whispered into her hair.

"You make me happy too, Ted, and I know you'll make our children happy as well." She mumbled against my neck.

I kissed her head, "we should get you back before McGonagall had my head." She laughed as I helped her up.  

We started back to the castle hand in hand.  I stopped in front of the gates, "I love you V." I pecked her once.  "I have a surprise for you tomorrow." I pecked her again, "McGonagall already said yes." I pecked her once more. "So don't worry about it."

She laughed and reached her hand up to cup my cheek pressing a light kiss on my lips.  

"I'll see you tomorrow then, what time and dress?"

"Dress however you want, if it's really necessary, dressy casual, and at 7 right here." 

She nodded, kissing my cheeks.

"Bye love."

I smiled, "love you." I said and disappeared on the spot.

Being a wizard of great.